Magnet getting stuck

kingskid1611

Gold Member
Feb 23, 2015
Oklahoma
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Getting stuck in limbs under the water? Define getting stuck, please.... Welcome to the party and Hopefully you find a lot out there in the creeks....

OP
OP
J

jp82

Tenderfoot
Sep 2, 2018
WV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sometimes limbs but mostly between rocks and thanks.

bowwinkles

Bronze Member
Nov 3, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
view this and it will show one thing that seems to work great.

I do not use the duc tape on mine.

vpnavy

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jun 15, 2008
York County, PA (USA)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Im new to this hobby...
tn_md.gif
I noticed this was your very first post - so, Welcome Aboard jp82! You didn't list your state (or country) in your profile. So, you might consider jumping over to Sub-Forums: Select Your Area.... for information (i.e., clubs, hunts, finds, legends, maps, etc.) directly related to your state (or country).

GopherDaGold

Silver Member
Dec 12, 2009
St. Charles County, Missouri
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Tesoro Vaquero, Bounty Hunter Land Star, Teknetics Delta 4000, Minelab Equinox 600, Garrett Carrot
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Cone magnets are less likely to hang up on branches. There are plastic cones available that fit over cup magnets and offer some protection against snags or you can create one from a plastic bottle as the video suggests.

OP
OP
J

jp82

Tenderfoot
Sep 2, 2018
WV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
vpnavy I updated my location sorry about that,and GopherDaGold i have a brute magnetics 880lb magnet they make a plastic cone for it?

GopherDaGold

Silver Member
Dec 12, 2009
St. Charles County, Missouri
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Tesoro Vaquero, Bounty Hunter Land Star, Teknetics Delta 4000, Minelab Equinox 600, Garrett Carrot
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
vpnavy I updated my location sorry about that,and GopherDaGold i have a brute magnetics 880lb magnet they make a plastic cone for it?

I think so but not positive. I have the 350lb magnet.

OP
OP
J

jp82

Tenderfoot
Sep 2, 2018
WV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I just checked brute website they only sell them for 2.95 in. magnets mine is like 3.5 in. so im gonna make one from a bottle like in the video but thanks for the info its much appreciated.

Rookster

Gold Member
Nov 24, 2013
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, F75Ltd., AT PRO, Garrett pointer
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
Welcome to Tnet from Mississippi.

bowwinkles

Bronze Member
Nov 3, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The cone needs to be able to slide up the rope when your trip is over. When I get back in I slide the cone up and use hose spray nozzle to clean my magnet and rope. I then dry it and apply liquid car wax to the magnet and polish it down a bit. If you put them up and dont clean them you will find they tend to rust and corrode. The wax keeps it in shape and will also aid in many of the substances that stick to the magnet when in use to just drop off so you spend much less time cleaning b4 u make your next cast.

OP
OP
J

jp82

Tenderfoot
Sep 2, 2018
WV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks for the welcomes i appreciate it,and bowwinkles thats a great idea i will keep that in mind thanks alot.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread