TrashureSeeker

Jan 11, 2016
Germany
Detector(s) used
AT Pro, EuroAce 350, magnets on ropes
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
Hey guys,

I am happy to say that after only six months I was finally able to settle a legal dispute that kept us from magnetfishing, even though it meant signing a cease and desist letter for one state. In the following months I worked my way through about every institution in our main state trying to get a permit for this incredibly criminal hobby, once more failing because no one I talked to had the authority to issue a permit. Then just last week I finally remembered that I talked to a woman in the third state we can reach in reasonable time to get a beach detecting permit sometime in 2016. Lo and behold, just one day later I now have a permit for the third state and finally can go magnetfishing again!

In the meantime I have started converting my truck into a workbench on wheels and restored a blacksmithing hammer we found magnetfishing to new life in my toolbox.

Then I made some dreamcatchers with lures and other small finds and put them up on our etsy store, even selling two of them so gas money for trips is covered for two months or so :hello2:

20180908_141206.jpg

On the weekend I will finally be able to go magnetfishing, I can't wait to get those magnets wet again :thumbsup:

cyberdan

Silver Member
Dec 12, 2006
Very Northern Left Coast
Detector(s) used
XLT & Bigfoot
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
you have to be kidding? you need a permit to magnet fish? and then no one will issue you one? sounds like a communist state.

OP
OP
T

TrashureSeeker

Jan 11, 2016
Germany
Detector(s) used
AT Pro, EuroAce 350, magnets on ropes
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
you have to be kidding? you need a permit to magnet fish? and then no one will issue you one? sounds like a communist state.

yes tell me about it, we even got sued because a guy watched our videos and did not like that we were magnetfishing :BangHead:

against the wind

Gold Member
Jul 27, 2015
Port Allegheny, Pennsylvania
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
E-trac, Excalibur, XP Deus, & CTX 3030.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have acquired numerous permits for metal detecting but I never dreamed that they would be required for magnet fishing.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread