Found a knife magnet fishing should I call the cops

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I wouldn't call about the knife, most likely lost while fishing. Not like a gun that you can match slugs to the barrel knifes are different.

GopherDaGold

Silver Member
Dec 12, 2009
St. Charles County, Missouri
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Tesoro Vaquero, Bounty Hunter Land Star, Teknetics Delta 4000, Minelab Equinox 600, Garrett Carrot
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Whatever gets you clicks.

Stringtyer

Jul 29, 2017
The Old North State
Detector(s) used
Equinox 600
Tesoro Cutlass
Bounty Hunter Tracker II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
If you just want to give the knife to the local constable, go ahead and give them a call. If you offer it for use as a potential crime weapon, kiss it goodbye before you let it go. I "did the right thing" and turned in a pistol I found to see if it had been involved in a crime. I'm having a heck of a time getting it back.

nomad 11

Bronze Member
Nov 21, 2009
nomads land
Detector(s) used
any tector i can get my hands on
naw ! just send it to me. cant see the picture so I cant tell how nice it is or it isn't. and i'll add it to my collection of dust collectors. K

DizzyDigger

Gold Member
Dec 9, 2012
Concrete, WA
Detector(s) used
Nokta FoRs Gold, a Gold Cube, 2 Keene Sluices and Lord only knows how many pans....not to mention a load of other gear my wife still doesn't know about!
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Jacob, respectfully, that video cover has "clickbait" written
all over it. How about you tell us the story and toss in a
few pics of the knife? :thumbsup:

GopherDaGold

Silver Member
Dec 12, 2009
St. Charles County, Missouri
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Tesoro Vaquero, Bounty Hunter Land Star, Teknetics Delta 4000, Minelab Equinox 600, Garrett Carrot
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Jacob, respectfully, that video cover has "clickbait" written
all over it. How about you tell us the story and toss in a
few pics of the knife? :thumbsup:

YouTubers only use this site to generate clicks.

A2coins

Gold Member
Dec 20, 2015
Ann Arbor
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
pics would be cool also

VonDigger

Dec 13, 2009
Baden, PA
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Lone Star
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I wouldn't call over that. More than likely someone dropped it off the boat.

boogeyman

Gold Member
Jun 6, 2006
Out in the hills near wherendaheckarwe
Detector(s) used
WHITES, MINELAB, Garrett
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
If you just want to give the knife to the local constable, go ahead and give them a call. If you offer it for use as a potential crime weapon, kiss it goodbye before you let it go. I "did the right thing" and turned in a pistol I found to see if it had been involved in a crime. I'm having a heck of a time getting it back.
If you turn anything over to authorities make them give you a property receipt. That way it's treated as found property and you can claim it after the prescribed period. Especially bicycles!!!!! They'll tell you just take them. But if something happens later down the road you have documentation you recovered it, turned it in, and it's yours now.

xaos

Bronze Member
Jul 3, 2018
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
If I ever thought about going magnet fishing, watching this makes me never want to try it.

Escape

Bronze Member
Apr 4, 2009
Of course the title of the video is a lure to get you to watch. Having lured me in, I watched all of it and enjoyed what I saw. The kids were fabulous. I liked the constant movement of the camera. The shooting style kept my interest and gave the video an authenticity which made it appealing. The content was fast paced and varied. I liked the shots of the rope moving near the kids feet as the magnet was thrown out. You wonder if it will intangible around the child's foot as it unwinds. Dad clutching his sons yellow shirt from behind as the child cast out the magnet. I liked seeing how hard it was to remove the magnet stuck on a beam on the dock. Congrats on an enjoyable video.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread