Last edited:

Terry Soloman

Gold Member
May 28, 2010
White Plains, New York
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Nokta Makro Legend// Pulsedive// Minelab GPZ 7000// Vanquish 540// Minelab Pro Find 35// Dune Kraken Sandscoop// Grave Digger Tools Tombstone shovel & Sidekick digger// Bunk's Hermit Pick
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Just emailed Carla. Probably just a glitch. :skullflag:

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Their website is down and if you call no one picks up.

OP
OP
B

bowwinkles

Bronze Member
Nov 3, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have tried for over a week and could not find anything that says they are still in business.

DeepseekerADS

Gold Member
Mar 3, 2013
SW, VA - Bull Mountain
Detector(s) used
CTX, Excal II, EQ800, Fisher 1260X, Tesoro Royal Sabre, Tejon, Garrett ADSIII, Carrot, Stealth 920iX, Keene A52
Primary Interest:
Other
I should subscribe again, would hate to see them go. I subscribed in the early 80's after seeing one of their mags on a rack at a convenience store. It enchanted me the things found detecting. I still have some $50 silver, so a way to find it for free treasure hunting gave me the fever.

Yell-X

Jun 27, 2018
St. Petersburg
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Bummer. I renewed my subscription late August after it expired. Late last month I called them because I had not received any new magazines and was told I would get one shortly. Odd they failed to mention they were going out of business. On the positive side I did get an issue last week.

ArfieBoy

Silver Member
Aug 11, 2011
N.E. Oregon
Detector(s) used
Compass X-70, Compass X-80, Compass X-90, Compass Judge 2, Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I just received my Dec. 2018 issue last week. However, I've been trying to contact them to print out their writer's guidelines and I can't get on their website for the magazine. And... then, my dang dogs ate my Dec. copy before I got to look at it!

Yell-X

Jun 27, 2018
St. Petersburg
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Recently someone started another thread about Lost Treasure magazine that motivated me to take a second look at this thread and the post that I made on the 7th of this month. I am not happy with the post that I made. Looking at it now I can see where I come across as being totally selfish and self-centered as if the only thing, I cared about was I paid for a year’s subscription and only received one issue. That is not the case. I was at work when I saw the thread. Obviously, I didn’t put much thought in to what was written in my post.

The truth is I am very bummed that Lost Treasure magazine is no more. That magazine was started 52 years ago by some one that had a passion for treasure hunting and the dream to start their own publication. 52 years of people working hard to put together every issue and get it out in time. To me this is a huge loss. I feel bad for anyone that might be unemployed due to the magazine shutting down.

Tiredman

Bronze Member
Oct 15, 2016
Primary Interest:
Other
I read the release by them, it was several factors. First who got it going had been doing it for about 50 years. Second most places were going digital and so that brought into play costs. I think the decision came sudden since I had received in the mail their mailing to subscribe. There was a hint at an electronic version might be in the works.

Tiredman

Bronze Member
Oct 15, 2016
Primary Interest:
Other
I needed a name for a Facebook group for all the other material I have been finding. Been thinking of doing the page for some time and selected "Lost Treasure." Free reading on items of interest in the 50 states and even some around the world.

A2coins

Gold Member
Dec 20, 2015
Ann Arbor
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have boxes of those they are fun to read

luxefaire

Dec 21, 2005
Jolly Corner FL
Detector(s) used
Any
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi this is Bill Gallagher, a writer of lost treasure articles under 6 or 7 different names since 2013, I had many cover shots, 8 or 10, and sometimes 3 different articles in a magazine at once....I had no notice by Lee Harris or Carla concerning the closure of the magazine and they stiffed me for four or five of my articles at the end and will not answer my emails....I think they are involved in identity theft where certain people were subbed for me when it came time for sponsorship, and it is and insider deal. They will be getting paperwork for small claims from me, and maybe a lawsuit if I can get a few of the others involved to talk about this. The Tesoro closure is all a part of this. You can read 75 or so of my past asrticles reprinted by permission here :

http://treasurehuntingwithbillgallagher.blogspot.com/

I
will be adding another 50 or so, and the use of multiple names is detailed at that blog. I dont think you should post articles without the copyright holders permission.....good luck....b

Last edited:
OP
OP
B

bowwinkles

Bronze Member
Nov 3, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Keep us informed on anything new.

kenonimo

Nov 25, 2012
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The Lost Treasure magazine web site is also no longer there. I am a long time subscriber and I had no notice that they were quitting.:thumb_down: I will miss them if they have closed down. I had asked them to maybe start to mention magnet fishing in their magazine information.

I just subscribed and only recieved 2 issues! I read somewhere that they were still doing digital but I don’t think that’s the case. What a shame it was a great magazine!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread