Broken eyelet on fishing magnet.

Supastupidity

May 29, 2019
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
So, I went magnet fishing at a dock and the dock had steel rims and steel walls. By accident the magnet got stuck, It is a 330 lb pull magnet and was very hard to move at all. I began pushing it off the dock with my foot when it slammed on the side. I then repeated the process until it was hopelessly stuck. Two days later I came back with a crowbar, hammer, sledge hammer, and a long flat head screwdriver. I got it off with the hammer and screwdriver but when I pulled it out of the water the eyelet broke off leaving me with the eyelet and the socket apart from the magnet. How could I fix this?

Tpmetal

Silver Member
Jan 4, 2017
Western ny
Detector(s) used
equinox 800, Whites mx sport, Garrot carrot, bounty hunter time ranger
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Photos would help. I'm not that bright but I can fix most things ....

bowwinkles

Bronze Member
Nov 3, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I had the same thing happen and I was fortunate because I had a small shovel in my truck and that worked just fine. The eyelet should be attached by a screw thru the bottom. Remove the screw and replace the eyelet.

vpnavy

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jun 15, 2008
York County, PA (USA)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
tn_md.gif
1st - I noticed this was your very first post - so, Welcome Aboard Supastupidity! You didn't list your state (or country) in your profile. So, you might consider jumping over to Sub-Forum: Select Your Area.... for information (i.e., clubs, hunts, finds, legends, maps, etc.) directly related to your state (or country).

tn_metal_detector.gif
2nd - I always wondered what would happen if the rope broke - never thought the hook would break.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread