Looking for a left handed magnet fishing magnet

3cylbill

Jul 2, 2015
s.tier NY
Detector(s) used
TESORO, MINELAB, WHITES , GARRETT
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I have a couple , how much money do you have ? I also have left handed metal detectors if your interested.....

Toecutter

Bronze Member
Nov 30, 2018
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
DetectorRob left handed magnets are rarer the hens teeth....

Dsorgnzd

Sep 23, 2003
North Carolina
Detector(s) used
Teknetics Patriot,
White's5900 Di Pro,
Compass Relic Magnum 7A
Order one from Australia. Their right-handed magnets are left-handed in the northern hemisphere.

Toecutter

Bronze Member
Nov 30, 2018
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Order one from Australia. Their right-handed magnets are left-handed in the northern hemisphere.

Good point, they also race turning right not left....

insontis

Aug 27, 2013
Blue Springs, MO
Detector(s) used
Garret AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
As much as the left handed magnets are.. its the left handed cord you attach it to that'll really cost you.
It's worth it though.. if you've ever thrown out a right handed cord with your left hand you know what I mean..

insontis

Aug 27, 2013
Blue Springs, MO
Detector(s) used
Garret AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
On a side note it is important to have the proper equipment.

Being right handed I have tried using a left handed magnet. Kept having to throw back all the left handed treasure it pulled up..

bowwinkles

Bronze Member
Nov 3, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
On a side note it is important to have the proper equipment.

Being right handed I have tried using a left handed magnet. Kept having to throw back all the left handed treasure it pulled up..

All the left handed stuff I pull up I just make a pile and sell it as scrap metal. Be careful it takes a left handed trash bag to put it in trough. I also noticed that the pick up truck has the steering wheel on the other side also. :treasurechest:

Kel1

Greenie
Mar 16, 2019
NW Iowa
Detector(s) used
Garret ADS III, bought new in the '80's and still own! Fisher F2, Delta 4000, Hunt Mate and Nokta pin pointers, and now added the Nokta Simplex+ with added sp24 coil.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I found a magnet that some one had LEFT.... HANDED it over to some one else. Sorry,
I should have saved it for ya.

Mudflap

Bronze Member
Mar 31, 2012
Wallingford, Connecticut 1667
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT, Dual Field, CZ-21, Vaquero, Home Brewed (3).
Detecting since 1972.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
There is someone on evilbay that sells a flux shifter kit for right handed magnets. It runs on a 2 megawatthour battery........

eyemustdigtreasure

Silver Member
Mar 2, 2013
California
Detector(s) used
Fisher Gold Bug Pro
Tesoro Cibola
Nokta Pointer; Phillips SHS5200 phones
Nokta Macro SIMPLEX +
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I found a magnet that some one had LEFT.... HANDED it over to some one else. Sorry,
I should have saved it for ya.

Being LEFT-Handed myself, I'm finding this Thread and Replies most helpful when I shop for
a Left-Hander's Magnet for "Fishing"...!
Hey, I don' like WORMS or TANGLED Lines, so I'll be happy to toss the right thing out there...! :laughing7:
Thanks guys...!

PapaKins

Tenderfoot
Feb 2, 2017
Cary, NC
Detector(s) used
Equinox-600, ancient Tesoro, Bounty Hunter TK4
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You don't need a left handed magnet, you need to convert your right handed one. The conversion is fairly simple. If you are left handed, you likely tied the magnet to the rope using a left-handed knot. To make the conversion, simply switch the ends of the rope and continue with the left handed knot. The lay of the rope will, over the period of a few weeks, alter the magnetic flux to reverse directions.

Also, as others have said, always throw with your left hand. and retrieve with your right. Most magnets will convert in about two weeks. Patience is a virtue ... I've been told.

cyberdan

Silver Member
Dec 12, 2006
Very Northern Left Coast
Detector(s) used
XLT & Bigfoot
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You don't need a left handed magnet, you need to convert your right handed one. The conversion is fairly simple. If you are left handed, you likely tied the magnet to the rope using a left-handed knot. To make the conversion, simply switch the ends of the rope and continue with the left handed knot. The lay of the rope will, over the period of a few weeks, alter the magnetic flux to reverse directions.

Also, as others have said, always throw with your left hand. and retrieve with your right. Most magnets will convert in about two weeks. Patience is a virtue ... I've been told.

That is just too complicated. When I ordered my magnet I made sure the eyebolt was screwed into the side. The right hand magnet is on the bottom. Just turn it over and now you have a left handed magnet. It is a proven fact left handed catch better things. Look it up on u-tube. Dude has found gold nuggets big as marbles.

Attachments

• left magnet.jpg
    left magnet.jpg
    185.9 KB · Views: 70
Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions