Metal Scrap disposal

Back-of-the-boat

Gold Member
Apr 18, 2013
California
Detector(s) used
AT GOLD/Garrett /C.Scope cs4PI/Garrett(carrot) pro pointer/ 5x8 double d coil and sniper coil/Lesche digger/Lesche "T" handle shovel.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Under the bridge so magnet fisherman can have fun finding it.:laughing7:

vpnavy

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jun 15, 2008
York County, PA (USA)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
tn_md.gif
I noticed this was your very first post - so, Welcome Aboard PBrods! You didn't list your state (or country) in your profile. So, you might consider jumping over to Sub-Forum: Select Your Area.... for information (i.e., clubs, hunts, finds, legends, maps, etc.) directly related to your state (or country). You might also consider adding your state (or country) to your displayed profile (SETTINGS -> EDIT PROFILE) - members may have more success helping you (your location may help, etc.). Who knows - maybe a member reading your post (and living in your state) could make a suggestion?

bowwinkles

Bronze Member
Nov 3, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Pbrods, I just take one of those plastic 5 gal. buckets (home depot) and stick it in the corner of my garage and when It gets full I take it to the metal recycling facility. I then take all that money that they give me and stop on the way home and by me a tray of "gravy biscuits and a good cup of coffee". Of course I do search the handful of change they give me for the scrap for what we call a "good find".:coffee2:

And welcome aboard.

Back-of-the-boat

Gold Member
Apr 18, 2013
California
Detector(s) used
AT GOLD/Garrett /C.Scope cs4PI/Garrett(carrot) pro pointer/ 5x8 double d coil and sniper coil/Lesche digger/Lesche "T" handle shovel.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I wouldn’t figure scrap yards would take rusted metal

They will, once it gets melted down there is no more rust.They will just give you less than they would for clean metal so clean it up as best you can.heating it up with a blow torch will make a lot pop off.Expansion and contraction.

Tnmountains

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 27, 2009
South East Tennessee on Ga, Ala line
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Conquistador freq shift
Fisher F75
Garrett AT-Pro
Garet carrot
Neodymium magnets
5' Probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I am usually so far away I cant carry all the scrap so I put it in a pile for someone that can. At least it is out of the water. I have pulled up rail road track no way to carry that out.

Back-of-the-boat

Gold Member
Apr 18, 2013
California
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I am usually so far away I cant carry all the scrap so I put it in a pile for someone that can. At least it is out of the water. I have pulled up rail road track no way to carry that out.

Someone who forges knives would love that railroad track steel. You could probably find buyers for that.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread