Magnet with eyelet bolt on top question

bowwinkles

Bronze Member
Nov 3, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
we all started off with that style and it worked just fine. The degree of efficiency does improve with the double sided units though. The 500 lb magnet will make a very good unit and should produce plenty. You mentioned "from shore" and if that means salt water then when you are done be sure to wash with fresh water and wipe down with liquid car wax or your magnet will quickly rust.

OP
OP
J

Jerry123

Greenie
Sep 29, 2006
Thank you for the reply! Could you recommend a good double-sided magnet I'd like to order one today. Something with say 5 or 600 pound pull

Thanks

bowwinkles

Bronze Member
Nov 3, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
This is in your range: https://www.amazon.com/MHDMAG-Grapp...eywords=magnet+fishing&qid=1600366138&sr=8-14

I purchased a 1200 lb magnet and it was like throwing a volkswagon due to its size and weight. This magnet is over 400 lbs per side which will work great in most circumstances. I have brought up a lawn mower out of the water up on a bridge about 20 feet with a plain 400 magnet. I have also brought a couple bicycles with that same magnet. Be careful not to get it stuck on a metal dock frame. It would be very difficult to get off.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions