My old hunting grounds

MEinWV

Bronze Member
Mar 10, 2007
West "by god" Virginia
Detector(s) used
Fishers CZ5 and 1280X
Hi to all you fellow Mainers! I always check in here to see if there are any new posts.

I was wondering if any of you have done any detecting since 2002 at my favorite old park, Clifford park, in Biddeford.

I detected the park from 2001-2002. I found quite a few great coins(some of my best) and other items there. I knew that it had been detected pretty steady by the locals since the 70's and that lots of stuff had been found. I lived across the street from it for about 7 years before I finally went in to see what I could find. I had heard stories about vagrants and partying kids hanging out in there, so that kept me from checking it out all that time. Some members of our detecting club stopped there once in the late 70's to give it a try, but we didn't have any luck. We only went around the playground and the hillside overlooking the tennis courts and found few coins and loads of junk.

Anyway, let me know if you have had any more luck out there. I am going to post pics of all my finds from the park soon.

Thanks and good luck!.................HH

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread