NOKTA AND MAKRO
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
KRUZER_Series_Sayfa_Send.jpg

choppadude

Dec 23, 2012
Twin Tiers NY
Detector(s) used
XP Deus X2, CTX 3030, E Trac, T2, AT Pro, AKA Sorex, Makro Kruzer, Minelab GP3500, Nokta Impact
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Cannot say much but can say this is one awesome machine. Has a depth rating of 5 meters and. a IP68 immersion rating. Beats Garrett and Minelab in both those categories

Tahts-a-dats-ago

Apr 30, 2014
NJ
Detector(s) used
Legend,
Anfibio multi,
Apex,
ORX,
Deus,
Vanquish 440
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The multi Kruzer is very intriguing. I'll be paying close attention to see if it deserves a spot in my collection.

Terry Soloman

Gold Member
May 28, 2010
White Plains, New York
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Nokta Makro Legend// Pulsedive// Minelab GPZ 7000// Vanquish 540// Minelab Pro Find 35// Dune Kraken Sandscoop// Grave Digger Tools Tombstone shovel & Sidekick digger// Bunk's Hermit Pick
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting

Keppy

Gold Member
Nov 19, 2006
N.E. Ohio on lake Erie
Detector(s) used
** WHAT ONE I FEEL LIKE ON HUNTING DAY *****
Primary Interest:
Other
Is not 5 meters like 195 inches or am i missing something here . OK i get it 5 meters in the water..

Last edited:

chub

Bronze Member
Apr 23, 2017
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75, Minelab Soveriegn XS 2
Nokta pinpointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Did this just make the impact redundant? Its lighter, waterproof and cheaper? Can't wait for the reviews!

Chub

b3y0nd3r

Aug 27, 2011
Detector(s) used
ctx 3030 nokta impact Equinox 800
Did this just make the impact redundant? Its lighter, waterproof and cheaper? Can't wait for the reviews!

Chub

There seems to be this train of thought that this is a "water proof Impact" however, to me they are two different machines.

SouthFLdigger

Mar 16, 2014
Pembroke Pines, Fl
Detector(s) used
Beach:Fisher CZ-20, Beach Hunter ID 9.5" Whites DFX, Minelab Safari and Excalibur 2.
Park and Turf: Teknetics Gamma 6000,Teknetics Delta 4000,Nokta Fors Core
Loaners:ACE-250 9x12 and 7x9.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The question is can it operate on the 3 frequencies simultaneously or each independently?

vferrari

Silver Member
Jul 19, 2015
Near Ground Zero for Insanity
Detector(s) used
XP Deus with HF/x35 Coils and Mi6 Pinpointer/ML Equinox 600/800/ML Tarsacci MDT 8000 GPX 4800/Garrett ATX/Fisher F75 DST/Tek G2+/Delta/Whites MXT/Nokta Simplex/Garrett Carrot
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Cannot say much but can say this is one awesome machine. Has a depth rating of 5 meters and. a IP68 immersion rating. Beats Garrett and Minelab in both those categories

I'm only two meters tall and certainly not diving with this thing, so what is that really bringing to the table? Seems to me it should be 10 ft or 100ft (3 meters or 30 meters).

tnsharpshooter

Jul 10, 2012
Tn
Detector(s) used
Xp Deus 2, Xp Deus 1, Minelab Etrac, Minelab Manticore
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm only two meters tall and certainly not diving with this thing, so what is that really bringing to the table? Seems to me it should be 10 ft or 100ft (3 meters or 30 meters).

One thing the added depth rating for waterproofing could mean is less likely to leak for a person using when actually wading where depths would be less than 5 ft generally. Over built may be the word here.,and this is good IMO. And with added time of the detector being assembled and indeed submerged, the seals might just be longer lasting with the age and pressure changes they would be subjected too over a hopefully longer life.

vferrari

Silver Member
Jul 19, 2015
Detector(s) used
XP Deus with HF/x35 Coils and Mi6 Pinpointer/ML Equinox 600/800/ML Tarsacci MDT 8000 GPX 4800/Garrett ATX/Fisher F75 DST/Tek G2+/Delta/Whites MXT/Nokta Simplex/Garrett Carrot
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The question is can it operate on the 3 frequencies simultaneously or each independently?

Just like the Impact, 3 selectable, independent, frequencies.

If Nokta was NOT going to introduce their version of simultaneous multi frequency operation, I frankly would have liked to have seen the Gold Kruzer include 30 khz and 15 khz in addition to 61 khz to mirror the Multi Kruzer's middle of the road capabilities. At least then, it could compete with the Deus in capability and would enable you to get a gold/mid-conductor optimized machine that has some high conductor/silver chops at 15 khz. Right now, Deus users are discovering that the HF coils are opening up some relic sites for them. So that makes the Gold Kruzer more compelling to me as primarily a relic hunter (the multiple frequencies would have been icing). And now that ML competition has forced a compression in price points, the single frequency Kruzer offering at a mere $100 less than the Multi Kruzer seems, trite. (IOW, why bother). Like the logical layout of the display and control buttons. Nice job.

"My name is Howard J. Turkster. I'm from Kansas City. Um, My hobbies are, um, fast cars and fast women. 'Cause of, that's why the guys in my car club call me the "Kruzer"."

Last edited:

vferrari

Silver Member
Jul 19, 2015
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
One thing the added depth rating for waterproofing could mean is less likely to leak for a person using when actually wading where depths would be less than 5 ft generally. Over built may be the word here.,and this is good IMO. And with added time of the detector being assembled and indeed submerged, the seals might just be longer lasting with the age and pressure changes they would be subjected too over a hopefully longer life.

True in theory, but frankly, the difference in water pressure between 3 and 5 meters is 3 psi absolute or thereabouts (though that diffeence represents 75% of the pressure capability at 3m, 7.4 psi vs. 4.4 psi). But yeah, Nokta did the test and qualified it at that depth so they can put that stamp on, apparently Minelab couldn't say that, but I suspect it is because 3 Meters has been a standard "wading" depth for non-diving all terrain metal detectors vs. inability of Minelab to qualify it there, but who knows. To me it smacks more of marketing than actual difference in capability vs. competing detector offerings from Whites, Minelab, Garrett, etc. in this class. But kudos to Nokta, nevertheless. More Kudos to Nokta for throwing "obsolete" back into you-know-who's face. Nothing wrong with David standing up to Goliath. You go, Nokta!

Last edited:

vferrari

Silver Member
Jul 19, 2015
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Is this going to work in heavily mineralized soils like in Virginia??

I have not seen the Impact have much success there more or less than any other vlf detector, so doubtful for the Multi Kruzer. However, based on Deus successes with the high frequency coils, the Gold Kruzer could possibly do a little more damage there, but like I said earlier, being able to dial down the frequency at least by half would have been nice. 60 khz may be a tad too high in general.

Last edited:

tnsharpshooter

Jul 10, 2012
Tn
Detector(s) used
Xp Deus 2, Xp Deus 1, Minelab Etrac, Minelab Manticore
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I beleieve this is Makro/Noktas first waterproof detector.

Seems I read (I wasn't detecting back then) where there were horror stories of original AtPros.
And the horror stories with CTX.

Kruzer if numerous units leaked, what would happen?

We all know the answer to this question.
Hence Makro put extra consideration here with the waterproofing.

A real good idea if you ask me.

sprailroad

Silver Member
Jan 19, 2017
Grants Pass, Oregon
Detector(s) used
Garrett A3B United States Gold Hunter, GTA 1000, AT Pro, Discovery Treasure Baron "Gold Trax", Minelab X-Terra 70, Safari, & EQ 800, & Nokta Marko Legend. EQ 900.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
OK than, I am correct in thinking that the "Kruzer" operates in only ONE freq. at a time, 5, 14 or 19, and NOT the "multi" as with the EQ. Would not mind having both really, just for the heck of it. Either one would cause me to remove the battery's out of the X-Terra 70 and the AT Pro both. I still like my "Safari" with FBS, but these other two? Hmmmmmm....

GreenMeanie

Jun 3, 2006
TreasureTerrain.com
Detector(s) used
NOX 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
SO it can go deeper in water but in Salt water minelab can find the targets deeper.
Which would you choose then?

Last edited:

vferrari

Silver Member
Jul 19, 2015
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I beleieve this is Makro/Noktas first waterproof detector.

Seems I read (I wasn't detecting back then) where there were horror stories of original AtPros.
And the horror stories with CTX.

Kruzer if numerous units leaked, what would happen?

We all know the answer to this question.
Hence Makro put extra consideration here with the waterproofing.

A real good idea if you ask me.

I guess I would go with the guy who has successfully released multiple waterproof detectors and has the scars and years of experience to know what he’s doing. My only point was that Nokta’s stated slightly better water tightness rating does not prove it has a more water tight design than its direct competitors (we have no idea how much excess design margin they have built in). It wins on paper, but the only way to prove it is an independent immersion depth to failure of all similarly rated machines.

vferrari

Silver Member
Jul 19, 2015
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
SO it can go deeper in water but in Salt water minelab can find the targets deeper.
Which would you choose then?

It depends if I was freshwater or saltwater hunting and my target of interest.

Also, simultaneous multifrequency is not necessarily deeper in wet salt sand/surf it is just more stable and falses less, which can translate into being able to discern deeper, weaker target signals. That’s why I might go with a deeper single frequency machine in fresh water. As to whether the Kruzer has greater single frequency depth than the Equinox in multi or single frequency (high conductor, silver), who knows. The Equinox should outperform the Multi Kruzer on gold, but may not outperform the Gold Kruzer. Too many variables and unknowns to make definitive statements at this point.

Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions