Makro Kruzer external battery pod info & pics

choppadude

Dec 23, 2012
Twin Tiers NY
Detector(s) used
XP Deus X2, CTX 3030, E Trac, T2, AT Pro, AKA Sorex, Makro Kruzer, Minelab GP3500, Nokta Impact
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Have not had the chance to do more than a couple hunts with this machine due to the weather but wanted to take a chance to show the auxiliary battery pack and share some info on it.
The word that I received is the Battery "Pod" as well as the headphone adaptor cord is not included with the detector but will be available separately. Although I have no info on if they will offer a "Pro pack" but if they do I believe these items may be included.
The pack itself is waterproof like the detector. It sandwiches between the bottom stand and a second stand so whether you run the battery or not, your detector is kept off the ground. The bottom stand attaches via 2 thumb screws into recessed brass threaded inserts built into the upper stand. This all is mounted under the armrest.
Since the battery pack plugs into the headphone/charge port the engineers at Makro gave the user the ability to plug the waterproof headphones or the land headphone adaptor directly into the auxiliary battery pod.
The battery pack inside the pod is the same pack used in AT Pros so if you have an extra AT battery pack it will work in the Kruzer.
Also the RNB rechargeable battery for the AT Pro/AT Max fits perfectly in the pod and works great.
With the internal battery as well as the pod you can detect from sunlight to sundown with no worries of dead batteries.
Here are some pics of the set up. Please feel free to ask any questions you have. I am off work tomorrow and will take the time to post some performance related information.

Jason in Enid

Gold Member
Oct 10, 2009
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You say auxillilary battery, so is there an internal battery and this is a backup (like the Equinox is supposed to work) or did you mean this is a "spare" battery pack?

Nokta Detectors

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Jun 2, 2014
Istanbul, Turkey
Detector(s) used
NOKTA AND MAKRO
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You say auxillilary battery, so is there an internal battery and this is a backup (like the Equinox is supposed to work) or did you mean this is a "spare" battery pack?

Jason, let me answer that if you do not mind... The Kruzer has a built-in lithium battery that you can charge with the supplied charger or with a powerbank.
This external battery pod is optional (will be sold separately) and works with 4 AAs (not included with the pod)... so yes this is a backup for those who do not own/want to use a powerbank. It easily attaches to the back of the armrest as shown in the images above.

Jason in Enid

Gold Member
Oct 10, 2009
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Jason, let me answer that if you do not mind... The Kruzer has a built-in lithium battery that you can charge with the supplied charger or with a powerbank.
This external battery pod is optional (will be sold separately) and works with 4 AAs (not included with the pod)... so yes this is a backup for those who do not own/want to use a powerbank. It easily attaches to the back of the armrest as shown in the images above.

Thanks for the explanation. I think this type of feature is going to become much more common in the future as other brands begin following suit.

vferrari

Silver Member
Jul 19, 2015
Near Ground Zero for Insanity
Detector(s) used
XP Deus with HF/x35 Coils and Mi6 Pinpointer/ML Equinox 600/800/ML Tarsacci MDT 8000 GPX 4800/Garrett ATX/Fisher F75 DST/Tek G2+/Delta/Whites MXT/Nokta Simplex/Garrett Carrot
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice feature, especially if you can put a rechargeable RNB pack in there or plain alkalines.

I know people feel secure with being "able to run to the nearest 7/11 to get AA's" if their battery dies. But frankly, you can probably run to the nearest 7/11 and get a small rechargeable LiIon power bank at the local 7/11 to for about the same price as 4 decent alkaline AA'S (at least in terms of 7/11 prices). However, this Kruzer accessory has the advantage of being able to be hooked up to the detector while maintaining overall watertight integrity. Something you can't really do with the Equinox setup using a generic external rechargeable LiIon power bank. Kudos Makro/Nokta.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread