CTX 3030,
XP DEUS,
Excalibur II
Garrett AT Max,
Whites DFX,
Vanquish 540
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I can’t belive that Minelab will be able to hit the streets with their Equinox a week before Makro.

I for sure thought it would be the other way around.

56E83606-0117-4E66-886C-DDB344CB8FA7.jpeg

smokeythecat

Gold Member
Nov 22, 2012
Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It really won't matter much. Probably 18 or more days to see either machine. Then several months for enough honest comparisons to be made to see if people upped their game or just got another machine. I'm not really familiar with the Makro. I will be interested to see if there are enough side by side comparisons to be able to judge any of the new machines, against each other and against the competition, as most folks won't just go buy 3 or 4 at a time to play with. They all get expensive after awhile.

OP
OP
choppadude

choppadude

Dec 23, 2012
Twin Tiers NY
Detector(s) used
XP Deus X2, CTX 3030, E Trac, T2, AT Pro, AKA Sorex, Makro Kruzer, Minelab GP3500, Nokta Impact
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Considering that Minelab announced the Equinox at Detectival in September and will be shipping this week and Makro announced the Kruzer less than 2 weeks ago and will be shipping next week, I say Makro did a better job getting the product to the customers in a more expeditious manner.
I have been testing the Kruzer for Makro so I know what it is capable of what I am waiting to see is if this new "IQ technology" is all that they are making it out to be. As soon as I can get a Equinox I will do some comparisons but the way things look now I will be able to make quite a few good finds with the Kruzer before I can even get my hands on the Monelab.

smokeythecat

Gold Member
Nov 22, 2012
Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
choppadude, I"m with you. They are all unknowns until you take them to the most heavily infested iron pit in the universe and give them a real workout. I am totally unfamiliar with the Nokta and Makro machines. I used Whites and Tesoros for decades and was never disappointed. Now it's TEsoro and Deus.

vferrari

Silver Member
Jul 19, 2015
Near Ground Zero for Insanity
Detector(s) used
XP Deus with HF/x35 Coils and Mi6 Pinpointer/ML Equinox 600/800/ML Tarsacci MDT 8000 GPX 4800/Garrett ATX/Fisher F75 DST/Tek G2+/Delta/Whites MXT/Nokta Simplex/Garrett Carrot
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Certainly wasn't the case with the Impact. That rollout was basically the same deal as the Equinox and other than making it waterproof, having trouble understanding what makes the Multi Kruzer ground breaking compared to the Impact.

And I find it humorous for a product tester to tout that they will be racking up more finds with the Kruzer before the Equinox is even released. What about the average post release Kruzer user who is still waiting?

Also, Nokta/Makro missed a great opportunity to snag potential AT Max buyers in the late summer (the multi Kruzer and perhaps even just the Kruzer seem superior to the Max). Instead, they are now going head to head with Equinox. Ugh. Hope they are not just rushing it because of Equinox, but then again, how much tweaked/updated Impact retesting is really required.

So Makro/Nokta is probably not taking a big risk. .

Kruzer is a solid detector line. Just wish they had released it last spring instead of the Impact.

Also, Nokta/Makro seem to be one of the few detector manufacturers innovating AND listening to their users. Would like to see them enter into true multifrequency land and give ML a run for its money.

Last edited:

chub

Bronze Member
Apr 23, 2017
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75, Minelab Soveriegn XS 2
Nokta pinpointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I think it takes alot of courage to use a single frequency machine to challenge Minelab. I know the Turkish machines do well in wet salt despite the single frequency. In all fairness we should really wait it out to see which machine is better suited to what tasks.
Garret, Nokta and minelab all had very different styles of releasing a new product. This year we should also hear from first texas.

Chub

vferrari

Silver Member
Jul 19, 2015
Near Ground Zero for Insanity
Detector(s) used
XP Deus with HF/x35 Coils and Mi6 Pinpointer/ML Equinox 600/800/ML Tarsacci MDT 8000 GPX 4800/Garrett ATX/Fisher F75 DST/Tek G2+/Delta/Whites MXT/Nokta Simplex/Garrett Carrot
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It would be great if First Texas and Whites joined the party with some innovative, cost effective, water proof detectors.

chub

Bronze Member
Apr 23, 2017
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75, Minelab Soveriegn XS 2
Nokta pinpointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Agree!

Chub

OP
OP
choppadude

choppadude

Dec 23, 2012
Twin Tiers NY
Detector(s) used
XP Deus X2, CTX 3030, E Trac, T2, AT Pro, AKA Sorex, Makro Kruzer, Minelab GP3500, Nokta Impact
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I agree with you on most points Vferrari especially as far as the Kruzer/AT Max being what should be talked about. I believe that is where the comparisons should be made and I believe the Kruzer is a better machine than the AT Pro, AT Max and MX Sport. I am very confident that any users that have any time on those machines will agree with that statement. And you are also correct, Makro should have released sooner to compete with those units. But I have no idea the inner workings of the R&D and marketing depts.
Now releasing this close to the Equinox would lead one to assume that they are trying to knock the new Minelab off its pedestal but I am not sure that is the main reason and would believe that yes, they wanted a piece of that pie also but have not seen anyone trying to do any comparisons (although you cannot compare to something you do not have).
Also, I do remember the Impact debacle and although it was a cluster I do not believe it drew as much criticism nor interest as the Equinox release.
I have no issues with Minelab products well no BIG issues at least. BUT their marketing dept may be looking for new employment opportunities if they do not get some units into some customers hands soon.
And my comment about racking up more finds with the Kruzer before the Equinox is released was kind of tongue in cheek but if they don't hurry up it may be a reality for new Kruzer users.
When it comes right down to it I do not want any manufacture to fail, I hope they ALL come out with new great machines. I will buy 1 of each. I will continue to use my Minelabs and when all the back orders are filled and the info is out, I will also have an Equinox.

Last edited by a moderator:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread