Dec 3, 2010
Folsom, ca
Detector(s) used
deus, tejon
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Hi all!

Got my multi Kruzer yesterday, and here are some first impressions:
First, the build quality is better than any other detector I've ever held. Solid, tight fit and finish over every inch of this detector. No wobbly parts. No wiggly noises. Just put together with amazing attention to detail. The Kruzer is sturdy. Very stout. Other water machines I've used don't even feel this well put together. Huge, bright screen is very attractive as well.
It's a very interesting machine machine with tons of features. And it's deep too! I have a nine inch quarter buried in my test garden that Deus and Tejon cannot find, but the Kruzer with it's extra depth boost and choice of low frequencies produced a repeatable, but scratchy tone. I have highly mineralized soil too, and it ran really stable.
I bought this machine as a backup or for a second for others to hunt with me, but I may have it work as my primary machine after what I saw in my yard. I'm going to to put it to work this weekend for sure when I hunt some gold nuggets and coins with it. This seems like the machine some US makers really needed to build, and didn't.

Ammoman

Bronze Member
Oct 12, 2015
NC
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, Nokta Impact, Tesoro Compadre..
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
My impact has the same build quality. I love it! It don't feel cheap and i am not afraid to swing it.

bowwinkles

Bronze Member
Nov 3, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi all!

Got my multi Kruzer yesterday, and here are some first impressions:
First, the build quality is better than any other detector I've ever held. Solid, tight fit and finish over every inch of this detector. No wobbly parts. No wiggly noises. Just put together with amazing attention to detail. The Kruzer is sturdy. Very stout. Other water machines I've used don't even feel this well put together. Huge, bright screen is very attractive as well.
It's a very interesting machine machine with tons of features. And it's deep too! I have a nine inch quarter buried in my test garden that Deus and Tejon cannot find, but the Kruzer with it's extra depth boost and choice of low frequencies produced a repeatable, but scratchy tone. I have highly mineralized soil too, and it ran really stable.
I bought this machine as a backup or for a second for others to hunt with me, but I may have it work as my primary machine after what I saw in my yard. I'm going to to put it to work this weekend for sure when I hunt some gold nuggets and coins with it. This seems like the machine some US makers really needed to build, and didn't.

Are you in any way associated with the manufacture?

Dr. Witty

Jan 8, 2015
Upstate NY
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Makro Racer 2 and Makro Kruzer
Garrett Carrot pro-pointer AT
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Are you in any way associated with the manufacture?
Are you freaking serious? It's comments like this that keep people from posting useful things about a new machine on this site. Why don't you think before you post.

bowwinkles

Bronze Member
Nov 3, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Are you freaking serious? It's comments like this that keep people from posting useful things about a new machine on this site. Why don't you think before you post.

Yes sir, I am serious. There seemed to be a bit of a shill flavor in his comments and I wanted to rule out any inflated comments to allow us to judge whether there was a bit of hype in there or not.

OP
OP
B

bzepol8

Dec 3, 2010
Folsom, ca
Detector(s) used
deus, tejon
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Brother, I am about as far away from being "associated" with any manufacturer as a guy can get. I'm just a nobody in California who likes to find relics and a little gold when I'm not doing my weekday job. I passed up on an equinox to get this machine because I wanted something different. The guys who do the commercials on YouTube and in the treasure magazines, they are the ones who may be "associated" with manufacturers. Not little peeons like me. I ain't big time. No company ever gave me a free machine, and nobody really gives a rats rear what my opinion is. I'm just trying to tell some of my experiences and read other's as well. If I wrote something that made you think I'm getting paid by these people, then maybe I should be the one in their next commercial giving the gold necklace to the pretty girl.

bowwinkles

Bronze Member
Nov 3, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great answer and sorry but there is that element that tends to hype things and someone who is shopping might get the wrong impression from the shill content. We love to hear from the users and real reports.

Escape

Bronze Member
Apr 4, 2009
Poster didn’t even come close to being a shill. Its similar to thousands of other comments on detectors.

HighVDI

Silver Member
Feb 16, 2017
Pa
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I just came from another multi frequency machine thread......you wanna talk about hype?

OP
OP
B

bzepol8

Dec 3, 2010
Folsom, ca
Detector(s) used
deus, tejon
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
I just came from another multi frequency machine thread......you wanna talk about hype?

Yeah, I think we can guess where you are talking about. I bought the kruzer after a trade in on a tejon with three coils. I just figured the kruzer could offer so much more! It's multi frequency, multi tone, waterproof, web software updates, built like a tank......and priced really well. I thought to myself, why am I hanging onto a single frequency beep and dig when for a few more bucks and a decent trade, I can have this? But a lot of people are happy with their beep and diggers....and that's ok! I like new tech. The kruzer seems like a keeper.

smokeythecat

Gold Member
Nov 22, 2012
Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

You got that right. This is the year of hype. Everybody quick, put down the internet, pick up a machine and go detecting. And for you folks with ice and snow, a plane ticket isn't as expensive as it used to be. Been there, done that. Spring is almost here!

I have two machines now. That is my legal limit. A XP Deus and brand new no meter Tesoro Vaquero. The Tesoro is a special use machine for the horrible red Virginia dirt. I'll be down there in two weeks. I know it works down there and is way less expensive than the $5k PI machines some of the guys use. Those are built by Minetank, oh, I mean Minelab, they just weigh about as much as a tank, and I can't swing one. So I call them tanks. They do work well, as long as you don't mind digging every nail in creation. But they do well in the Red Virginia dirt. A lot of the guys use slings to help them swing them. They try to find iron concentrations then dig a pit to hopefully find a Civil War hut. It does work.

I sort of wish I was in the market for a new machine with both the Kruzer and the Obnoxious out there, but I really can still only swing one at a time.

I think the entire market will change within 2 years anyway, so I might as well wait.

Last edited:

HighVDI

Silver Member
Feb 16, 2017
Pa
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
You got that right. This is the year of hype. Everybody quick, put down the internet, pick up a machine and go detecting. And for you folks with ice and snow, a plane ticket isn't as expensive as it used to be. Been there, done that. Spring is almost here!

I have two machines now. That is my legal limit. A XP Deus and brand new no meter Tesoro Vaquero. The Tesoro is a special use machine for the horrible red Virginia dirt. I'll be down there in two weeks. I know it works down there and is way less expensive than the $5k PI machines some of the guys use. Those are built by Minetank, oh, I mean Minelab, they just weigh about as much as a tank, and I can't swing one. So I call them tanks. They do work well, as long as you don't mind digging every nail in creation. But they do well in the Red Virginia dirt. A lot of the guys use slings to help them swing them. They try to find iron concentrations then dig a pit to hopefully find a Civil War hut. It does work.

I sort of wish I was in the market for a new machine with both the Kruzer and the Obnoxious out there, but I really can still only swing one at a time.

I think the entire market will change within 2 years anyway, so I might as well wait.

I agree. I think Multi and PI with decent disc. are the future.

Hookedondetecting

Jul 18, 2013
Michigan
Detector(s) used
Tesoro COMPADRE and Mohave
ORX and Deus II
Fisher F 75 LTD "2"
Minelab 600
Minelab Explorer SE Pro
Makro Multi Kruzer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I purchased a Multi Kruzer and had the chance to get out 3 times on 40 degree deays.
I like what I see and feel so far.
Now winter is back with snow flurries for the next 10 days.
What a downer.
I use the F75 - Explore SE Pro and an AT Max plus a couple of Tesoro's - Used the Xterra too.
I read a lot about the Impact and now the Kruzer and there is new technology introduced here that is something a bit different.
So I think that this unit will be a nice addition to my line up. I am also pumped about the multi Freq. - I really liked the 19 Khz Frequency and expect it to to open up Iron plagued Sites.
Also some nice new features to me like -Vibration Mode and a Beep to tell you Ground Balance is complete....(you can stop pumping the Coil now - DUH)
LOL how many times have you stood there thinking with other machines....Did I GB correctly, pump long enough?
Well... that is my thoughts so far.

smokeythecat

Gold Member
Nov 22, 2012
Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I would like to hear (not see a video) of what the Kruzer does. I hate seeing meters jump up and down and hate wind noise. As stated before, I don't need another machine at the moment and going to wait out the "detector wars" that are upon us. A lot of my sites have targets that are fluff balls, a $99 machine would find a good target. Others, not so much. You need the best machine possible just to find some metal, then literally get a SHOVEL to dig down a foot or more to find out what's left after the 1,000 other people who got there first left. Fortunately most places I go are not hunted heavily or at all and I do ok. Or better than ok. Or great that is!

Goldstar1

May 22, 2010
Detector(s) used
Goldbug Pro ,
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Why do you think the market will change in two years?
Change in what way?

Because we will all be using xray spectrum goggles to see into the ground a foot or so and all this new fancy metal detecting crap will be obsolete...

:occasion14:

smokeythecat

Gold Member
Nov 22, 2012
Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Or maybe true radar in a semi small unit and reasonable. First there were WWII mine detectors, the BFO machines, then VFL, then computer controller VLF's, give them an incentive and something new is going to come. It always does.

Ballarat Bitter

Greenie
Mar 10, 2018
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It just seems Makro had to put out a version of the Impact as they are loosing sales in Europe although the two companies have amalgamated. Their only contender is the Racer 2 which in my opinion is not as good as the Impact.

Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread