Welcome guest, is this your first visit?
Discoveries

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree18Likes

Thread: Kruzer is a sweet machine!

« Prev Thread | Next Thread »
    us
    Dec 2010
    Folsom, ca
    deus, tejon
    157 times
    Relic Hunting

Kruzer is a sweet machine!

Hi all!

Got my multi Kruzer yesterday, and here are some first impressions:
    First, the build quality is better than any other detector I've ever held. Solid, tight fit and finish over every inch of this detector. No wobbly parts. No wiggly noises. Just put together with amazing attention to detail. The Kruzer is sturdy. Very stout. Other water machines I've used don't even feel this well put together. Huge, bright screen is very attractive as well.
    It's a very interesting machine machine with tons of features. And it's deep too! I have a nine inch quarter buried in my test garden that Deus and Tejon cannot find, but the Kruzer with it's extra depth boost and choice of low frequencies produced a repeatable, but scratchy tone. I have highly mineralized soil too, and it ran really stable.
    I bought this machine as a backup or for a second for others to hunt with me, but I may have it work as my primary machine after what I saw in my yard. I'm going to to put it to work this weekend for sure when I hunt some gold nuggets and coins with it. This seems like the machine some US makers really needed to build, and didn't.

Charter Member
    us
    Oct 2015
    NC
    Nokta Impact, Tesoro Compadre, Nokta Pin pointer.
    2271 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting
    My impact has the same build quality. I love it! It don't feel cheap and i am not afraid to swing it.
    Dig till you drop!

Nov 2012
    594 times
    Quote Originally Posted by bzepol8 View Post
    Hi all!

Got my multi Kruzer yesterday, and here are some first impressions:
    First, the build quality is better than any other detector I've ever held. Solid, tight fit and finish over every inch of this detector. No wobbly parts. No wiggly noises. Just put together with amazing attention to detail. The Kruzer is sturdy. Very stout. Other water machines I've used don't even feel this well put together. Huge, bright screen is very attractive as well.
    It's a very interesting machine machine with tons of features. And it's deep too! I have a nine inch quarter buried in my test garden that Deus and Tejon cannot find, but the Kruzer with it's extra depth boost and choice of low frequencies produced a repeatable, but scratchy tone. I have highly mineralized soil too, and it ran really stable.
    I bought this machine as a backup or for a second for others to hunt with me, but I may have it work as my primary machine after what I saw in my yard. I'm going to to put it to work this weekend for sure when I hunt some gold nuggets and coins with it. This seems like the machine some US makers really needed to build, and didn't.
    Are you in any way associated with the manufacture?

us
    Jan 2015
    Upstate NY
    Makro Racer 2 and Makro Kruzer Garrett Carrot pro-pointer AT
    611 times
    Metal Detecting
    Quote Originally Posted by bowwinkles View Post
    Are you in any way associated with the manufacture?
    Are you freaking serious? It's comments like this that keep people from posting useful things about a new machine on this site. Why don't you think before you post.

Nov 2012
    594 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Witty View Post
    Are you freaking serious? It's comments like this that keep people from posting useful things about a new machine on this site. Why don't you think before you post.
    Yes sir, I am serious. There seemed to be a bit of a shill flavor in his comments and I wanted to rule out any inflated comments to allow us to judge whether there was a bit of hype in there or not.

Charter Member
    us
    Chronic Patriot/Metal Detecting,it`s My Lifestyle !

Jul 2010
    "Kan-a-we-o-la" Head on a Pole N.Y. Seneca Territory of The Six Nations 1779.. now in Catlin N.Y.
    XP Deus, T2 LTD Land or Sea Pointer Garrett Pointer Treasure Wise Diggers T10",T12" & T14" Lesche 28" Ground shark
    4822 times
    Banner Finds (1)
    Bzepol8
    Congrats on your new machine !
    I`v been detecting for 49 years owned my own detector shop G.A.P. Metal Detectors here in N.Y.
    See my old adds in Western & Eastern Treasures and Lost Treasure Magazines through the 90s
    I hunt the Sullivan Trail here in N.Y.
    "Success is just Rented, Never Owned and the Rent is due Daily"
    "Its the Golden Rule who ever has the Gold Rules"
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yqdSl2jFjlE

us
    Dec 2010
    Folsom, ca
    deus, tejon
    157 times
    Relic Hunting
    Brother, I am about as far away from being "associated" with any manufacturer as a guy can get. I'm just a nobody in California who likes to find relics and a little gold when I'm not doing my weekday job. I passed up on an equinox to get this machine because I wanted something different. The guys who do the commercials on YouTube and in the treasure magazines, they are the ones who may be "associated" with manufacturers. Not little peeons like me. I ain't big time. No company ever gave me a free machine, and nobody really gives a rats rear what my opinion is. I'm just trying to tell some of my experiences and read other's as well. If I wrote something that made you think I'm getting paid by these people, then maybe I should be the one in their next commercial giving the gold necklace to the pretty girl.
    vferrari, sprailroad and 3cylbill like this.

Nov 2012
    594 times
    Great answer and sorry but there is that element that tends to hype things and someone who is shopping might get the wrong impression from the shill content. We love to hear from the users and real reports.

Charter Member
    us
    Apr 2009
    1241 times
    Poster didnít even come close to being a shill. Its similar to thousands of other comments on detectors.
    sprailroad and 3cylbill like this.

Charter Member

Feb 2017
    Pa
    2264 times
    I just came from another multi frequency machine thread......you wanna talk about hype?
    vferrari and smokeythecat like this.

us
    Dec 2010
    Folsom, ca
    deus, tejon
    157 times
    Relic Hunting
    Quote Originally Posted by HighVDI View Post
    I just came from another multi frequency machine thread......you wanna talk about hype?
    Yeah, I think we can guess where you are talking about. I bought the kruzer after a trade in on a tejon with three coils. I just figured the kruzer could offer so much more! It's multi frequency, multi tone, waterproof, web software updates, built like a tank......and priced really well. I thought to myself, why am I hanging onto a single frequency beep and dig when for a few more bucks and a decent trade, I can have this? But a lot of people are happy with their beep and diggers....and that's ok! I like new tech. The kruzer seems like a keeper.
    HighVDI likes this.

Charter Member
    us
    Nov 2012
    Maryland
    XP Deus, Tesoro Cibola
    12081 times
    Banner Finds (4)
    Quote Originally Posted by HighVDI View Post
    You got that right. This is the year of hype. Everybody quick, put down the internet, pick up a machine and go detecting. And for you folks with ice and snow, a plane ticket isn't as expensive as it used to be. Been there, done that. Spring is almost here!

I have two machines now. That is my legal limit. A XP Deus and brand new no meter Tesoro Vaquero. The Tesoro is a special use machine for the horrible red Virginia dirt. I'll be down there in two weeks. I know it works down there and is way less expensive than the $5k PI machines some of the guys use. Those are built by Minetank, oh, I mean Minelab, they just weigh about as much as a tank, and I can't swing one. So I call them tanks. They do work well, as long as you don't mind digging every nail in creation. But they do well in the Red Virginia dirt. A lot of the guys use slings to help them swing them. They try to find iron concentrations then dig a pit to hopefully find a Civil War hut. It does work.

I sort of wish I was in the market for a new machine with both the Kruzer and the Obnoxious out there, but I really can still only swing one at a time.

I think the entire market will change within 2 years anyway, so I might as well wait.
    Last edited by smokeythecat; Mar 07, 2018 at 10:17 PM.
    Dr. Witty, HighVDI and aaroncr like this.

Charter Member

Feb 2017
    Pa
    2264 times
    Quote Originally Posted by smokeythecat View Post
    You got that right. This is the year of hype. Everybody quick, put down the internet, pick up a machine and go detecting. And for you folks with ice and snow, a plane ticket isn't as expensive as it used to be. Been there, done that. Spring is almost here!

I have two machines now. That is my legal limit. A XP Deus and brand new no meter Tesoro Vaquero. The Tesoro is a special use machine for the horrible red Virginia dirt. I'll be down there in two weeks. I know it works down there and is way less expensive than the $5k PI machines some of the guys use. Those are built by Minetank, oh, I mean Minelab, they just weigh about as much as a tank, and I can't swing one. So I call them tanks. They do work well, as long as you don't mind digging every nail in creation. But they do well in the Red Virginia dirt. A lot of the guys use slings to help them swing them. They try to find iron concentrations then dig a pit to hopefully find a Civil War hut. It does work.

I sort of wish I was in the market for a new machine with both the Kruzer and the Obnoxious out there, but I really can still only swing one at a time.

I think the entire market will change within 2 years anyway, so I might as well wait.
    I agree. I think Multi and PI with decent disc. are the future.

us
    Jul 2013
    Michigan
    Tesoro COMPADRE and Mohave Ace 350 and AT MAX Fisher F 75 LTD "2" Minelab Xterra Minelab Explorer SE Pro Makro Multi Kruzer
    51 times
    I purchased a Multi Kruzer and had the chance to get out 3 times on 40 degree deays.
    I like what I see and feel so far.
    Now winter is back with snow flurries for the next 10 days.
    What a downer.
    I use the F75 - Explore SE Pro and an AT Max plus a couple of Tesoro's - Used the Xterra too.
    I read a lot about the Impact and now the Kruzer and there is new technology introduced here that is something a bit different.
    So I think that this unit will be a nice addition to my line up. I am also pumped about the multi Freq. - I really liked the 19 Khz Frequency and expect it to to open up Iron plagued Sites.
    Also some nice new features to me like -Vibration Mode and a Beep to tell you Ground Balance is complete....(you can stop pumping the Coil now - DUH)
    LOL how many times have you stood there thinking with other machines....Did I GB correctly, pump long enough?
    Well... that is my thoughts so far.

Charter Member
    us
    Nov 2012
    Maryland
    XP Deus, Tesoro Cibola
    12081 times
    Banner Finds (4)
    I would like to hear (not see a video) of what the Kruzer does. I hate seeing meters jump up and down and hate wind noise. As stated before, I don't need another machine at the moment and going to wait out the "detector wars" that are upon us. A lot of my sites have targets that are fluff balls, a $99 machine would find a good target. Others, not so much. You need the best machine possible just to find some metal, then literally get a SHOVEL to dig down a foot or more to find out what's left after the 1,000 other people who got there first left. Fortunately most places I go are not hunted heavily or at all and I do ok. Or better than ok. Or great that is!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links