Jan 8, 2015
Upstate NY
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Makro Racer 2 and Makro Kruzer
Garrett Carrot pro-pointer AT
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Well, with the Kruzer you will have to walk over the same part of a field/beach 3 times, using a diff' frequency at a time, coz being single frequency, you're gonna miss stuff.

Equinox = all at same time.... 1 walk/pass will do.

Yeah just keep believing that Staffydog, I'm sure it only takes one pass with the NOX and you've found everything in your fields huh?

aaroncr

Dec 29, 2016
Kentucky
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I've watched some vids on the Kruzer,..not a ton yet in the forums about them yet. Looking forward to this head to head....In the vids I've seen the Kruzer appears to be blistering fast.

WisconsinPirate

Aug 2, 2017
Racine, Wi
Detector(s) used
EQ600; Makro MK
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It looks like I will finally have a couple of days of sunshine, so that the snow, standing water, and mud in all the fields here in the lower Hudson Valley will have a chance to dry a wee bit! I am going to try and head to the beach on Long Island, Saturday, with the Equinox and Multi-Kruzer. May the weather gods be with me! :laughing7:

So far any impressions on the Equinox and Kruzer? How are they staking up against each other?

Jacza

Apr 14, 2016
Detector(s) used
Makro Multi Kruzer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
In the videos I've seen so far they go head to head. Look at this:

Timecop67

May 22, 2017
Kansas
Detector(s) used
XP Orx, Teknetics 8500, Treasure Baron with Gold Module
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
On the pinpoint function I much prefer the lower toggle switch like on the Impact, F75 or T2. How are others getting use to having just the button.....or is this a non issue? Maybe they will come out with an Impact 2 down the road that takes regular rechargeable AA batteries and lighter in weight like the Kruzer & have the toggle pinpoint.

vferrari

Silver Member
Jul 19, 2015
Near Ground Zero for Insanity
Detector(s) used
XP Deus with HF/x35 Coils and Mi6 Pinpointer/ML Equinox 600/800/ML Tarsacci MDT 8000 GPX 4800/Garrett ATX/Fisher F75 DST/Tek G2+/Delta/Whites MXT/Nokta Simplex/Garrett Carrot
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Re Equinox (don't have a Kruzer): The button is a non-issue, but the PP implementation on the Equinox is a little quirky/buggy. I think it will take a bug fix to clean it up and it will be great. In the mean time if it does go into la la land or fails to lock onto the intended target, just a double tap on the PP button and you can start over. Has become second nature. Having used and liked the F75 trigger implementation, I am finding I like the Equinox PP just fine. Also, some of the PP issues may be due to the sensitivity of the large 11" coil and the PP may have trouble dealing with multiple targets under the coil. Awaiting the 6" coil to see how it does. I still think ML needs to tweak PP, though. HTH.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Terry Soloman

Terry Soloman

Gold Member
May 28, 2010
White Plains, New York
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Nokta Makro Legend// Pulsedive// Minelab GPZ 7000// Vanquish 540// Minelab Pro Find 35// Dune Kraken Sandscoop// Grave Digger Tools Tombstone shovel & Sidekick digger// Bunk's Hermit Pick
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Had a chance to really put the Kruzer to work in some varied sites today, thanks to T-Net member "Dr. Witty," and his sister. I just got back to the house, so I'll start writing my review this evening. Quick thoughts: Solid, well-built machine with excellent balance that is easy on the arm. The machine can reach a silver quarter at 12" in Three-tone / 14kHz, and can really sift through trash with ease in Three-tone / 5kHz. At the beach it is smooth and stable, but not as deep as the Minelab Equinox. Stay tuned!

Attachments

• IMG_0558 (1).jpg
    IMG_0558 (1).jpg
    3.5 MB · Views: 290
  • IMG_0560.jpg
    IMG_0560.jpg
    880.9 KB · Views: 243
  • IMG_0566.jpg
    IMG_0566.jpg
    469.4 KB · Views: 264

Dr. Witty

Jan 8, 2015
Upstate NY
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I see a sasquatch in these pictures.

Dr. Witty

Jan 8, 2015
Upstate NY
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
dang 3cylbill I thought Terry finally posted his review. Maybe we can just hope for a Simplex review at this point or a Calabash video of how the Kruzer makes the AT Pro Obsolete. :laughing7:

OP
OP
Terry Soloman

Terry Soloman

Gold Member
May 28, 2010
White Plains, New York
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Nokta Makro Legend// Pulsedive// Minelab GPZ 7000// Vanquish 540// Minelab Pro Find 35// Dune Kraken Sandscoop// Grave Digger Tools Tombstone shovel & Sidekick digger// Bunk's Hermit Pick
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
stay tuned ? how much longer ...?

Still holding your breath? :tongue3: Here is the Reader's Digest version. Buy the Equinox is you want a waterproof box, or the Simplex if you don't. The Kruzer is yesterday's news :icon_thumright:

Dr. Witty

Jan 8, 2015
Upstate NY
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
The Simplex has a waterproof box. I believe that my Kruzer flooded because it was previously worked on to fix the blown LED's. Personally I'm going to skip all of those and put my money on the Mini Horde. I love the colors ,and that little arm cup is so cute!

earthfoot

Greenie
May 1, 2005
Detector(s) used
Anfibio
Still holding your breath? :tongue3: Here is the Reader's Digest version. Buy the Equinox is you want a waterproof box, or the Simplex if you don't. The Kruzer is yesterday's news :icon_thumright:

Promise scrutiny and then deliver ill thought out casual opinion. Sorry but, no the Simplex is not better than the Kruzer.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread