Jan 8, 2015
Upstate NY
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Makro Racer 2 and Makro Kruzer
Garrett Carrot pro-pointer AT
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I guess you could say this about all detector screens really, but I got my Kruzer last week and then ordered an Invisible Shield screen protector for it. I took it out on Sunday and again last evening with what I thought was the factory plastic covering still on the screen. When i got home and took out the newly arrived screen protector I realized that my Kruzer did not come with that plastic covering on the screen that almost every new electronic gadget ships with. My screen suffered tiny hairline scratches from just these 2 hunts. I cleaned the screen with a micro cloth and affixed the invisible shield. You can still slightly see the small scratches below the protector, but they do not affect seeing the screen. Kinda bums me out though that my efforts to protect the screen from the get go was messed up by something that should have been there in the first place.

So in closing, before you hunt make sure you protect your screen!

Terry Soloman

Gold Member
May 28, 2010
White Plains, New York
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Nokta Makro Legend// Pulsedive// Minelab GPZ 7000// Vanquish 540// Minelab Pro Find 35// Dune Kraken Sandscoop// Grave Digger Tools Tombstone shovel & Sidekick digger// Bunk's Hermit Pick
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Mine came with a screen cover. :skullflag:

OP
OP
Dr. Witty

Dr. Witty

Jan 8, 2015
Upstate NY
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
It appears like the ones that come with a screen protector have a red grab tab on the top right hand side to peel it away, Mine did not have this. Kinda makes me think if mine was an open box kind of detector.

OP
OP
Dr. Witty

Dr. Witty

Jan 8, 2015
Upstate NY
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
yeah,that sounds about right.

Ammoman

Bronze Member
Oct 12, 2015
NC
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, Nokta Impact, Tesoro Compadre..
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
My impact still has the little red tab on the bottom right corner.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread