Geronimo_

Oct 14, 2013
Aquitaine
Detector(s) used
Excal2
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
Hello

I own the Multi, and went out only 1 time.

The conception is so different from the Equinox. On the MMK, you can select from 2 tones/3 tones/ 4 tones/ beach and some others, and change a lot of things but, you are not sure what to chose from 2/3/4 tones and what to change.
What is the best for the pasture, forest, fresh labor etc... it's not intuitive at all ............ On Equinox, YOU KNOW, on Kruzer, YOU DON'T know what to select from. Ok, you have to work on it, but I would have prefered some easy and understandable menu. Not quite sure I will keep it. Unless I get from Dilek or experimented guy some usefull settings like the one I get on :

https://www.facebook.com/groups/576594179384468/

If you have good setting, you can post it on this fb group. As : Forest1 Forest 2 / Labor1 Labor2, Fresh labor / Pasture1 Pasture2 / Lake1 Lake2 / Park1 Park2 etc
I think it's what is missing for the KRUZER to become a real challenger against the Equinox. Minelab was a lot more clever.....

Thanks

Geronimo

Last edited:

Jacza

Apr 14, 2016
Detector(s) used
Makro Multi Kruzer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
from the manual

The manual says:

Modes
  • 2-tone: good for relic hunting, clean sites
  • 3-tone: coin hunting in trashy sites, e.g. parks
  • 4-tone: coin hunting in low or medium mineralization
  • beach mode: salty wet sand beach or high mineralization
  • deep mode: relic hunting, slower swing
Frequencies
  • 5 kHz: relicts, large objects or small targets in non-mineralized ground without iron trash
  • 14 kHz: small coins or coins in medium or highly mineralized ground
  • 19 kHz: small coins, jewelry, small targets in iron trash

So it depends on ground conditions and what you want to hunt, not which type of site you have in general.

OP
OP
Geronimo_

Geronimo_

Oct 14, 2013
Aquitaine
Detector(s) used
Excal2
Primary Interest:
Hello Jacza

Yes, it's what you can find in the manual.

But, why did they not use a menu to let me choose the tone number, and why did they have decided for me that 2 tones is relic.....
(I know, I can change everything, and save it, but it's a strange consideration)

Anyway, has someone some real setting, like those ones ?

Pasture :
Deep mode
khz 14
gain 94
disc 03
notch 04
fe vol n2
t break 07
tone, fe 15, gold/non fe 43
isat 01
vibrate 01

Beach :
Beach mode
khz 14
gain 90
disc 09
notch 10
fe vol 05
t break 10
isat 01
vibrate 01

Labors :
3 tone mode
khz 19
gain 89
disc 00
notch 01
fe vol n2
t break 05
tone, fe 15 gold/non fe 50
isat 00
vibrate 00

Do not try to make sone funny one :laughing7:

Dr. Witty

Jan 8, 2015
Upstate NY
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Makro Racer 2 and Makro Kruzer
Garrett Carrot pro-pointer AT
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
You're just going to have to take it out more than once and experiment with the settings yourself. As for me when I took mine out it was a sensory overload for any mode but 3 tone. So I experimented. First thing you should do is go to the web site and update the firmware. That will decrease the chatter. Second thing is to try 2 tone mode and decrease the gain to around 65-70 or until you can find a setting you can work with. You may still have some chatter but when you hit on a good signal there will be no doubt. As for Discrimination, in Europe you have your small hammered coins so I'd keep the discrimination at around 10 or less. Don't be concerned too much with frequency for now, just get used to what the Kruzer is telling you in 14k. For trashy sites you will do really well in 3 tone with the gain at 89. Bumping the gain up even 1 increment will increase your depth greatly but will slow down recovery speed. So in the trashy sites I keep it in 3 tone at 89 and switch to 2 tone for a second opinion on the iffy's. I don't use 4 tone or Deep at all, at least not yet. Someone just posted on the Facebook Multi Kruzer group this setting:
3 tone
Gain 95
Freq. 19k
He said that this setting will give you 3 inches deeper than stock 3 tone, and that there is no depth difference in this setting than if you were running 2, 4 or even deep mode. I have yet to try it out but it sounds interesting especially given the 3 tone's separation abilities.
Check out this Multi Kruzer group
https://www.facebook.com/groups/360971111038422/
There's a ton of great information on this one, but getting out and experiencing the machine for yourself will be the best way to learn it and will be the most rewarding as well. Good luck and don't give up on the Kruzer.

Last edited:

Ammoman

Bronze Member
Oct 12, 2015
NC
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, Nokta Impact, Tesoro Compadre..
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
it's not intuitive at all ............ On Equinox, YOU KNOW, on Kruzer, YOU DON'T know what to select from. Ok, you have to work on it, but I would have prefered some easy and understandable menu. Not quite sure I will keep it.

Based on this comment, i suspect you purchased this machine thinking it was the same as the Equinox. Sorry, two very different machines with different concepts. I suggest you read the manual and everything will be clear.
Think of it this way, A ford Escape has the windshield wipers on the left side of the steering column where as the Toyota Corolla has it on the right. They both have windshield wipers and its not intuitive. If your used to driving a ford and you purchase a Corolla, you need to be willing to learn the differences.

OP
OP
Geronimo_

Geronimo_

Oct 14, 2013
Aquitaine
Detector(s) used
Excal2
Primary Interest:
Thanks for your answers.
Ok, I will work on it, untill I master the beast. :laughing7:

Gotmud49

Jun 9, 2013
Multi Kruzer settings.

What does LABORS mean when adjusting the Settings?

QUOTE=Geronimo_;5788779]Hello Jacza

Yes, it's what you can find in the manual.

But, why did they not use a menu to let me choose the tone number, and why did they have decided for me that 2 tones is relic.....
(I know, I can change everything, and save it, but it's a strange consideration)

Anyway, has someone some real setting, like those ones ?

Pasture :
Deep mode
khz 14
gain 94
disc 03
notch 04
fe vol n2
t break 07
isat 01
vibrate 01

Beach :
Beach mode
khz 14
gain 90
disc 09
notch 10
fe vol 05
t break 10
isat 01
vibrate 01

Labors :
3 tone mode
khz 19
gain 89
disc 00
notch 01
fe vol n2
t break 05
tone, fe 15 gold/non fe 50
isat 00
vibrate 00

Do not try to make sone funny one :laughing7:[/QUOTE]

Dr. Witty

Jan 8, 2015
Upstate NY
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Makro Racer 2 and Makro Kruzer
Garrett Carrot pro-pointer AT
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Labors is an English term, like Across the Pond English, and I still don't know what it refers to since I'm in the US. Also since your profile doesn't show me where you're from I can only assume you're from this side of the pond as well. However; since they are using 3 tone, at 89 gain I'd guess they are referring to playgrounds and parks.

Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread