New Multi Kruzer

rayoh

Jan 13, 2017
northeast Ohio
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac-Notka Legend
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I just got a Multi Kruzer yesterday and got a chance to try it out today. I charged the detector and phones last night and figured out how to pair them. Pretty easy and before dark, I took it to my test garden. Tryed three tone, gain 89 , 5 khz. It hit all my targets perfectly, but I had to swing slightly faster to get cleaner hits. Tried four tone, gain 72, 5 khz and hit all clean and loud. This mode was better than any detector I have ran in this particular garden.

Today, I had a chance to try it in the field. I tried four tone, three tone, two tone, and deep. I stayed in 5khz and 14 khz with varying settings. There is very little emi so I had my best success with four tone, 72 gain, 6 disc, no notch, and 5kz. This park is a bad place to test any detector because there are so few targets left and anything good is at least 8 inches deep. I dug several bouncing 58 to 70's signals which were the old style pull tabs. No high expectations and dug just to confirm. These junk targets were 7 to 8 inches deep. Finally I got a target that was 88 to 92 and pretty stable from all angles. I was not expecting a coin, but finally got a coin out from about 9 inches. 1923 wheatie. I was slightly surprised that it was not silver with those high of numbers, but good to know. I found another 8 inch wheatie with similar numbers.

I found any program running 5khz was prone to deep rusty iron, but between jumpy numbers and bigger sizing in pinpoint, pretty easy to recognize. 14khz works much better with this deeper, rusty iron. I really like the screen and menu system. It is very easy to navigate to different settings and programs. The headphones had absolutely no lag and should last 15 hours or so. I was at four beeps after 5 hours of detecting. The detector was not heavy or out of balance for me. It feels exactly like my F5 with the 11 inch dd coil. All in all the Kruzer seems like a near perfect detector and I have not even scratched the surface with it's capabilities.

Hotled

May 22, 2017
North Texas
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75
Whites MX Sport
Makro Multi Kruzer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Good to know all of this, please keep posting your findings as I think the Multi Kruzer is gonna be a great machine to rival all of the Nox 800 bias lol.

Dr. Witty

Jan 8, 2015
Upstate NY
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Makro Racer 2 and Makro Kruzer
Garrett Carrot pro-pointer AT
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I have been running in 5khz almost exclusively now with really deep wheaties coming up in the low 90's as well. I've now got my Kruzer set to 19khz in 3 tone with a 95 gain to see what they come in at. Gonna take it out this evening after work to see what it can do.

Hotled

May 22, 2017
North Texas
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75
Whites MX Sport
Makro Multi Kruzer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I sure would like to try one out or at least see a comparison to my mx Sport performance

WisconsinPirate

Aug 2, 2017
Racine, Wi
Detector(s) used
EQ600; Makro MK
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Good to know all of this, please keep posting your findings as I think the Multi Kruzer is gonna be a great machine to rival all of the Nox 800 bias lol.

I have a 600 and Multi Kruzer; and I used both several times now but like some of the "pros" on TNET. Went out last weekend for about an hour at my brother-in-laws house. I used the 600 and he used the Multi-K. I found nothing with the 600 except iron and junk. He found three coins. I kept getting false signals that rung up strong (all in the silver range for the 600) and I would dig and there would be nothing in the hole. I'd get in the hole and the pin pointer kept alerting I was on top of object. I'd dig a few inches more and it would do the same thing. Some of the holes I was 14-16+" deep. Nothing. I realized the ground was really mineralized. The M-K had no problem at this site and was not doing this at all; the 600 was struggling. I kept Noise Canceling the machine because I thought maybe it was EMI, had it on GB track, and I turned down the sensitivity but I had no luck whatsoever. The other thing I noticed because we started going over each others signals and then dug. The Kruzer's depth meter and VDI was more accurate; hands down the M-K's depth meter is better than the 600 at least at that site and on that day. The 600's depth meter is totally useless.

I took out the M-K last week for an hour or two. I found my first gold item ever, very small but it was gold, and my first ring of the year. It was a junker but it still was exciting! I am leaning towards keeping the Kruzer and returning the 600. Everyone has been complaining about Cabela's lately, which is where I got the 600, but it has a 90-day return policy no questions asked!!!!!! I think I am going to send the 600 back. I just need a solid machine that works and doesn't need to be hyped about how great it is. I still think my Fisher 1265-X is the best machine I will ever own. It didn't survive a move or I would still be using it.

Timecop67

May 22, 2017
Kansas
Detector(s) used
XP Orx, Teknetics 8500, Treasure Baron with Gold Module
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
What kind of battery life per charge are you getting out of the Kruzers? I thought about picking up a Kruzer 14khz with the 7 inch concentric for the price of the Multi.....but common sense tells me that the 19khz would be useful around iron. Which frequency and mode is best for those deep silver dimes/quarters in moderate soils?

smokeythecat

Gold Member
Nov 22, 2012
Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I feel for you. I can still only swing one machine at a time.

marwanco

Apr 28, 2018
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I got my first ever MD, Multi-Kruzer.Still learning, testing at home.
I have a question: Canadian dollars "Loonie" have ID=4 (like metal) some much higher above 70?
They are different year production, is this normal?
Thanks

Hotled

May 22, 2017
North Texas
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75
Whites MX Sport
Makro Multi Kruzer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well since i got the MK i have been running pretty much 5khz exclusively at 95 gain 3 tone.
I have never found this many wheats before and DEEP.

Wiganer

Jan 30, 2017
Nova Scotia
Detector(s) used
Whites dual field beast, with Anderson shaft.
Equinox 600
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
I got my first ever MD, Multi-Kruzer.Still learning, testing at home.
I have a question: Canadian dollars "Loonie" have ID=4 (like metal) some much higher above 70?
They are different year production, is this normal?
Thanks

Hi buddy, yes this is normal, the metal composition changes through the years, and the newer coins are just made out of junk, there not a lot left when you pull one out of a nova Scotia beach.
Welcome to the forum.

Bart@Big Boys Hobbies

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Jul 24, 2005
Moore Oklahoma
Detector(s) used
Call for your Treasurenet special discount! Be sure to mention Tnet when you call!
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
The Kruzer's depth meter and VDI was more accurate; hands down the M-K's depth meter is better than the 600 at least at that site and on that day. The 600's depth meter is totally useless.

I have noticed the Makro Multi Kruzer is very deep as well. So far all my customers with them are impressed to. They seem to have a winner on their hands!

Ammoman

Bronze Member
Oct 12, 2015
NC
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, Nokta Impact, Tesoro Compadre..
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Good to here...i am looking at the Multi-Kruzer as a machine for water and as a backup should my impact ever need hospitalization.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread