Jan 8, 2015
Upstate NY
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Makro Racer 2 and Makro Kruzer
Garrett Carrot pro-pointer AT
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I got a 10k ring that was covered in Sterling sliver, but I think it rang up more in the silver range then gold. A pure gold ring will come in around 30-35 i would imagine. Smaller rings would come in lower though, like in the 20's. When i get home later i can check.
20180326_204320[1].jpg

Dr. Witty

Jan 8, 2015
Upstate NY
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
20180426_111208[1].jpg

This is an air test only in 19khz. Incidentally using my Makro Racer 2 all of the gold rings rang up about 1-2 VID numbers less then the Kruzer, with the Kruzer in Standard mode across all frequencies.
I meant Normal mode across all frequencies.

Last edited:

Ammoman

Bronze Member
Oct 12, 2015
NC
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, Nokta Impact, Tesoro Compadre..
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Gold and zink pennies tend to be in the same ID range on my impact. So, don't be surprised when you dig a gold ring thinking it was going to be another zink penny

OP
OP
WisconsinPirate

WisconsinPirate

Aug 2, 2017
Racine, Wi
Detector(s) used
EQ600; Makro MK
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
View attachment 1583081

This is an air test only in 19khz. Incidentally using my Makro Racer 2 all of the gold rings rang up about 1-2 VID numbers less then the Kruzer, with the Kruzer in Standard mode across all frequencies.
Thank-You for this! I have been digging most of the solid 40's signals, and mid 30's. These have almost always been square pop tops. So at least I have not been missing anything. Right after I posted this I found my first gold item ever. It rang up 29-30 jumpy but the sound was clean so I dug it. Took awhile to find it in the hole because it is no more than a 1/4" x 1/8". It is not much but I'll take it! I really like the Kruzer so far. The coil makes it easy to isolate trash from good signals in really trashy areas.

20180427_101656.jpg 20180427_101702.jpg

Dr. Witty

Jan 8, 2015
Upstate NY
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
The coil makes it easy to isolate trash from good signals in really trashy areas.

Especially in 3 tone at 89 gain. I would have dug that Heart too, since that's right around the nickel range. All the 40's I have dug have been trash. It's only when i see less typical higher 40's come up that I'm more likely to dig. One thing that still gets me is rusty bottle tops coming in at 86-87, I need more practice on spotting these and not digging them, but really, who's not going to dig these?

OP
OP
WisconsinPirate

WisconsinPirate

Aug 2, 2017
Racine, Wi
Detector(s) used
EQ600; Makro MK
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The coil makes it easy to isolate trash from good signals in really trashy areas.

Especially in 3 tone at 89 gain. I would have dug that Heart too, since that's right around the nickel range. All the 40's I have dug have been trash. It's only when i see less typical higher 40's come up that I'm more likely to dig. One thing that still gets me is rusty bottle tops coming in at 86-87, I need more practice on spotting these and not digging them, but really, who's not going to dig these?

Yeah those rusty bottle caps get me excited then - crash. I saw something on line for the Kruzer to use the front of the coil to see if the tone breaks up. I can't tell the difference in the tone.

Out of curiosity why do you run in 3 tone? I have been using 4 tone a lot and I tried to set the nickel range to make a high tone. In theory I was trying to not look at the VDI as much, but I think this is only helping out a little. In the real trashy places I have been going to I have to watch the VDI to figure out what is going on. I thought the tone break change was pretty awesome but maybe I am wrong. How is 3 tone?

Dr. Witty

Jan 8, 2015
Upstate NY
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
3 tone is great for those really trashy areas.With gain st 86 you can really pick out the good stuff between the trash. Try this setup in an air test 19khz, 3 tone gain 95 then test it against the 4 tone program you're running. I'll bet it's as deep if not deeper than your 4 tone, and you may get better seperation.

OP
OP
WisconsinPirate

WisconsinPirate

Aug 2, 2017
Racine, Wi
Detector(s) used
EQ600; Makro MK
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
3 tone is great for those really trashy areas.With gain st 86 you can really pick out the good stuff between the trash. Try this setup in an air test 19khz, 3 tone gain 95 then test it against the 4 tone program you're running. I'll bet it's as deep if not deeper than your 4 tone, and you may get better seperation.

Going to the northeast for work for a few days and I'm bringing the beast (aka Kruzer) so I am going to try this out in the field! Have you found a large cent yet? Curious where this rings up at. I have never found anything older than the 1880's so have no idea.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread