Where are the posts?

Charles (Sabre)(Tx)

Mar 19, 2008
Cuero, Texas
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, Nokta Fors CoRe, Minelab Excaliber II & Explorer XS
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
There are other forums for the MMK...try using one of them. Some are loaded with info. You have a really tight and tough unit there...built like a tank...something you need when running in harsh conditions like saltwater and heavy iron. Good luck to you!

Charles

Welgund

Aug 27, 2014
Colorado
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, CTX 3030, CZ-6a, CZ 5, Tesoro Vaquero, Mojave, Fisher F75 Ltd2, MXT Pro, Makro Multi Kruzer, Deeptech VGG
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Try the Facebook users group for the kruzer, lots going on there

sws33

Mar 15, 2013
huntington beach ca
Detector(s) used
white's 5900 di pro, Fisher CZ20, Fisher 1280, Garrett Infinium LS, Teknetics T2 SE and Teknetics Omega 8000, Makro Multi Kruzer, Garrett Sea Hunter Mark II and Fisher CZ21, White's TDI Beach Hunter
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have about 20 to 25 hours on my MMK. I would be happy to give you my assessment. So far this machine has proven, to me at least, that it definitely does bring a hunted out site back to life. I have a teknetics T2 SE that I love and that I use primarily in parks and schools but my MMK absolutely blows it away when it comes to separation. The build, as stated above, is like a tank. I have no fear of Leaning this detector up against a vehicle and watching it fall to the ground and wondering if it's going to work, I bet I could chuck it off the roof of my house and pick it up and go use it, it is built that tough. The pinpoint button will definitely take some getting used to if you're used to a trigger or having it smack-dab in the middle of the button pad. instead of just intuitively grabbing the pinpoint button like I do on other machines I find myself having to look at the pad to make sure my finger is over the correct button. The deepest coin I had pulled so far was a 9 in dime. the signal was a little bit iffy but sounded nice enough for me to pop on the EUD feature which brought it right out to let me know it was definitely a good Target. By the time I got the dime out of the hole I could put my Garrett pinpointer into the hole completely. So the depth to me is dandy. I have also had this new machine down at the beach here in Huntington Beach California. the first trip I took to the beach was an absolute disaster. I brought with me the 7 in concentric coil to use at the beach. Dry sand hunting was not an issue, moist sand hunting wasn't all that bad either but when I took the detector anywhere near the water line it went absolutely bonkers. And actually putting the coil into the water was just ridiculous. I was getting 20 to 30 responses per swing of the coil, all responses sounded good and none of them are repeatable. I tried every available adjustment on the machine to settle that coil down and by the time I got it to the point where it was even remotely usable I had destroyed the depth to the point where I could barely pick up a buried Nickel in the wet sand at 3 in. I kind of went home crushed as the whole reason I purchased this detector was to go to the beach since I can't get teknetics to kick out a waterproof T2. So I went home and did a software update to my machine, which according to the machine didn't need it. The website showed the new software version as 1. 2 and that is also what the machine showed when I checked. Regardless, I did the update anyway. After that I put the stock coil back on the machine and headed back to the beach. Far, far better. I wasn't really interested in doing any serious hunting, I just wanted to see if I could get that coil to shut the hell up anywhere near the water line and with the stock coil I was successful. After getting the machine ground balanced I was able to go from the water to the wet sand with ease without falsing. I haven't given up on the concentric coil yet, so will be headed back to the beach Friday to retest it. The only conclusion I can make at this point is that the machine needed the software update even though it showed it was running the current version or my brand new 7-inch concentric coil has a hole or a crack in it that let water get inside. I did get onto a couple of targets while testing the stock coil at the beach, but gave up on them as I believe they were really deep aluminum can bottoms or tops. after 3 or 4 Scoops out of the wet sand at the waterline the signal was getting louder and the display numbers showed a solid 80s number but at this point I was probably a foot deep into the wet sand and as far as I could tell, no closer to the Target. I'll have both coils with me when I go to the beach next. so far I am very impressed with the machine, and absolutely love the wireless headphones, super comfortable and lightweight. One word of caution I will give everybody. Lose the coil covers before hitting any Beach. I can tell you after a half hour of fighting that 7 inch concentric coil at the beach that I had a boatload of black sand stuck inside the coil cover. When I went back to the beach with the stock coil I didn't get so much black sand under the cover but just enough regular sand to make it damn near impossible to get that cover off. I will be leaving the coil covers at home permanently and buying some Marine epoxy and just adding to what's already there. So far, I am very pleased with my purchase regardless of the headaches the seven in concentric coil has given me, especially when I browse the other forums with regards to the other new machines recently released and all the build quality issues they are having. The only other bit of advice I would give is to pay close attention to what the machine is telling you through the audio. there is no mistaking a good Target with this machine. At the park yesterday I dug a quarter on edge that was probably 4in deep and there was no doubt in my mind I was over the top of a quarter. I have been purposely digging some Fringe sounding targets and some other targets that sound almost perfect and it seems every time I dig one of those signals I pull a piece of garbage out of the ground. Aluminum screw caps, Steel Crown caps and other can slaw seem to have this strange little blip at the end of each signal. I call it a yodel. When you're over a good Target you get a nice small rounded and crisp beep. When over a junk Target the sound kind of looks like this, "beeop". There is just a little something extra at the end of the sound that so far has only fooled me by not being there a couple of times, once on a beavertail pull-tab that had me believing it was a nickel the other was a steel crown cap that was all but rusted away that I thought was a quarter. I typically stay away from the beach, just a lot of work for a lot of aluminum, so I tend to stick to the parks and the schools. A typical hunt for me is around 4 hours. A typical haul with my t2se in that four hour hunt would be 3 to $4. Because this machine separates so well, yesterday's four hour hunt bagged me just over $10. so yeah, everybody should throw away their makro multi kruisers and then send me a reply with the addresses of the areas you like to hunt. ;)

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread