My final saltwater beach observations

sws33

Mar 15, 2013
huntington beach ca
Detector(s) used
white's 5900 di pro, Fisher CZ20, Fisher 1280, Garrett Infinium LS, Teknetics T2 SE and Teknetics Omega 8000, Makro Multi Kruzer, Garrett Sea Hunter Mark II and Fisher CZ21, White's TDI Beach Hunter
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Final? Why final you ask? Because I'll probably not be taking the Makro Multi Kruser to the beach, at least Huntington Beach, again. Dry sand and moist sand are no issues at all. The wet sand, water line and actually into shallow moving saltwater, not so good. I took both the 7 in concentric coil and the stock coil with me to the beach this morning. First up the 7-inch coil. Just too darn Sparky in, on or around the saltwater. I've come to the conclusion that the coil itself is fine, no hole or crack just too hot for my Beach. I tried all three frequencies and was only able to get the machine relatively stable with a gain of around 50. While it's not impossible to tell when the machine is falsing, you pretty much need to keep your eyes are glued to the vdi to know that you're not over a real Target. Yes it sounds that good. Either that or there are 687000 Targets in the wet sand at my Beach with a vdi of 97. I don't know about you but I have no intention on keeping my eyes glued to the vdi, I much prefer hunting by Tone quality than vdi number.
Up next, the stock coil. Like my other Beach review, I found the stock coil was able to handle the saltwater conditions better than the 7 in concentric coil, somewhat. I also tried all three frequencies with the stock coil but found I still needed to run the gane lower than I wanted to to maintain an acceptable level of falsing. Again I tested the nickel in about 3 in of wet sand just about at the waterline and with the machine set-up to run as close to silently as I can get it over the saltwater the nickel was there but I don't think the signal is as strong as it should be. Something to note, when you are digging with your sand scoop in wet sand down by the water line and your hole fills in with water you will continue to receive a signal over that pockmark in the ground regardless of whether or not you pulled the target out. this happened over and over again, and the only indicator that you are not over a good Target is that the vdi number runs way high like 97 or 98. That does not keep it from sounding good however, and for a guy like me who hunts by Tone I have a tendency to just keep digging the hole if there's a signal there. I have to force myself to pay attention to the vdi to know that my Target is out and I am now just getting a false signal over a pockmark in the ground with salt water in it. I'm not trying to be an ass, or Dash anybody's hopes of finally getting that one do it all detector, but if you primarily hunt beaches, or are planning on buying this machine specifically to hunt saltwater beaches, I believe there are better choices. Not that it won't work, but for me it is at best a little less than mediocre in a beach setting. Who knows, maybe it will work on East Coast beaches just fine or down in the Gulf but on the west coast, at least my machine, not worth writing home to Mom about. If the Kruzer wasn't such a kick-ass Park and school machine I would probably be boxing it back up to return at this moment, but it has officially retired my old favorite t2se. I am bummed that I now must continue my search for a machine that can handle the black sand at Huntington Beach. If I didn't live in Huntington Beach I probably wouldn't be all that bummed, but I know the good stuff at the beach is to be found easiest working the cuts at low tide out by the water line and this machine is not getting that done to my expectations or hopes.
My recommendation would be this, if you are looking for a kick-ass park, School or field hunting machine that can bring old pounded sites Back to Life, Look No Further. I have no doubt at all that this machine will exceed your expectations in that area. However, if you are primarily looking for a saltwater Beach machine, I can't recommend the Kruzer. it will work just fine if you're on vacation and need it at the beach for a day or two of hunting but to buy it primarily for that purpose, I think there are better choices. These opinions are my own and based solely on the operation of my machine at Huntington Beach.

Rookster

Gold Member
Nov 24, 2013
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, F75Ltd., AT PRO, Garrett pointer
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
Don't know a thing about your machine but usually you can lower the sensitivity or the GD or both to get better results. Good luck.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread