The Makro Multi-Kruzer Has A Major Flaw

tabman

Bronze Member
Jul 5, 2011
Germantown, Tennessee
๐Ÿฅ‡ Banner finds
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Presently: CTX 3030, Tesoro Modded Cibola, F75LTD-2, XP Deus, Tesoro Mojave, MXT Pro, Tesoro Eldorado, Whites MXT All Pro, Minelab Equinox, Fisher CZ5 & CZ3D
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
It doesn't have a receiving audio module that its existing transmitter can pair with so you can use a variety of different headphones. Now how hard could it be to produce? Right now with all this heat I'd love to be able to use my Deus Backphones on the Kruzer without having to go through complete hell to do so. I have the Garrett Z-Lynk audio modules, but I have to plug the transmitting module into an adapter before they will work on the Kruzer. If I decide to use the battery back-up I'm screwed. Also with all those extra cables running everywhere, changing a search coil is not an easy task. Also with the attached Z-Lynk transmitting module not being waterproof I can't just spray off the Kruzer to clean off the mud without first removing the Z-Lynk transmitter audio module. Other than that I love my Kruzer. lol

tabman

Terry Soloman

Gold Member
May 28, 2010
White Plains, New York
๐Ÿฅ‡ Banner finds
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Nokta Makro Legend// Pulsedive// Minelab GPZ 7000// Vanquish 540// Minelab Pro Find 35// Dune Kraken Sandscoop// Grave Digger Tools Tombstone shovel & Sidekick digger// Bunk's Hermit Pick
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Can you hear it? That is the world's smallest violin. :laughing7::icon_thumleft:

OP
OP
tabman

tabman

Bronze Member
Jul 5, 2011
Germantown, Tennessee
๐Ÿฅ‡ Banner finds
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Presently: CTX 3030, Tesoro Modded Cibola, F75LTD-2, XP Deus, Tesoro Mojave, MXT Pro, Tesoro Eldorado, Whites MXT All Pro, Minelab Equinox, Fisher CZ5 & CZ3D
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Can you hear it? That is the world's smallest violin. :laughing7::icon_thumleft:

I know you want one! Terry if you have ever uses a set of Deus Backphones with the Kruzer you'll know why I like how they sound and how cool they are during the hot summer months.

tabman

smokeythecat

Gold Member
Nov 22, 2012
Maryland
๐Ÿฅ‡ Banner finds
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
But it works well, right? I was using wired heavy headphones until...wait! I still use them with my trusty gold finding Cibola!

OP
OP
tabman

tabman

Bronze Member
Jul 5, 2011
Germantown, Tennessee
๐Ÿฅ‡ Banner finds
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
But it works well, right? I was using wired heavy headphones until...wait! I still use them with my trusty gold finding Cibola!

It works great, but it's just too many wires and cables for my liking. I like things simple and clean.

tabman

OP
OP
tabman

tabman

Bronze Member
Jul 5, 2011
Germantown, Tennessee
๐Ÿฅ‡ Banner finds
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
This was posted elsewhere:

Nokta Detectors

Hello all.... I have not been posting lately, as so much is going on this end but I try my best to read posts guys...

Now - wireless module - already got a few emails about this and I can confirm that it is already in the works guys!

Dilek

3cylbill

Jul 2, 2015
s.tier NY
Detector(s) used
TESORO, MINELAB, WHITES , GARRETT
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
what other machine has ...vibration ? now you don't need headphones...problem solved....:tongue3:

vferrari

Silver Member
Jul 19, 2015
Near Ground Zero for Insanity
Detector(s) used
XP Deus with HF/x35 Coils and Mi6 Pinpointer/ML Equinox 600/800/ML Tarsacci MDT 8000 GPX 4800/Garrett ATX/Fisher F75 DST/Tek G2+/Delta/Whites MXT/Nokta Simplex/Garrett Carrot
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Wireless module compatible with Deus backphones included with the Equinox 800. Just sayin'.

Dr. Witty

Jan 8, 2015
Upstate NY
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Makro Racer 2 and Makro Kruzer
Garrett Carrot pro-pointer AT
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
i have no problem using the included phones. They are superior to anything else I've ever used, except the Makro Racer 2 headphones. :laughing7:

OP
OP
tabman

tabman

Bronze Member
Jul 5, 2011
Germantown, Tennessee
๐Ÿฅ‡ Banner finds
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Wireless module compatible with Deus backphones included with the Equinox 800. Just sayin'.

Do you realize how long the Kruzer wireless module that's compatible with the Deus Backphones have been 'in the works'?

tabman

vferrari

Silver Member
Jul 19, 2015
Detector(s) used
XP Deus with HF/x35 Coils and Mi6 Pinpointer/ML Equinox 600/800/ML Tarsacci MDT 8000 GPX 4800/Garrett ATX/Fisher F75 DST/Tek G2+/Delta/Whites MXT/Nokta Simplex/Garrett Carrot
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
All I was saying is that the Equinox comes supplied with a universal wireless module that you can plug any wired headphones into. Unlike Kruzer where it requires a lot of claptrap. I also posted that nearly two years ago, so why bring it up now? Oh, because Nokta hasn't done anything about it in 2 years, I get it now.

Last edited:

vferrari

Silver Member
Jul 19, 2015
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Do you realize how long the Kruzer wireless module that's compatible with the Deus Backphones have been 'in the works'?

tabman

Well I did a 2 sec google search for you, even though I wasn't the one clamoring for this and lo and behold, it looks like the module exists now. See this:

https://www.noktadetectors.com/accessoire/ez-wander-wireless-module/?amp

Available at a few US MD outlets including a Tnet sponsor site, if interested. You will have to do the legwork though because I will not post links for suppliers I have not done business with, even if they are Tnet sponsors and Tnet rules prohibit me from posting non-Tnet sponsor vendor site links.

Little pricey though, about 4 times the cost of the headphones you plan to plug into it, plus you will need a 1/8 to 1/4 " plug adapter.

Last edited:
OP
OP
tabman

tabman

Bronze Member
Jul 5, 2011
Germantown, Tennessee
๐Ÿฅ‡ Banner finds
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Well I did a 2 sec google search for you, even though I wasn't the one clamoring for this and lo and behold, it looks like the module exists now. See this:

https://www.noktadetectors.com/accessoire/ez-wander-wireless-module/?amp

Available at a few US MD outlets including a Tnet sponsor site, if interested. You will have to do the legwork though because I will not post links for suppliers I have not done business with, even if they are Tnet sponsors and Tnet rules prohibit me from posting non-Tnet sponsor vendor site links.

Little pricey though, about 4 times the cost of the headphones you plan to plug into it, plus you will need a 1/8 to 1/4 " plug adapter.

Thanks for the heads-up.

Way too pricey for what you get and what it cost to produce! It's not cutting edge technology, it has been around for awhile. I've never heard about it being released and I don't do Google searches every day to see when something comes available. I may have to end up getting one because full cup headphones suck during the hot humid summer months and I don't like being wired to a detector. One other thing, there's not a lot of information about the module receiver. No video, no nothing that I can find that's in-depth. Is it waterproof like the WM08 module? Do you have to have a special connector to make it waterproof? Does it have a volume control? Someone really needs to do a YouTube video review of this module. The marketing of this product fell flat on its face.

tabman

vferrari

Silver Member
Jul 19, 2015
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks for the heads-up.

Way too pricey for what you get and what it cost to produce! It's not cutting edge technology, it has been around for awhile. I've never heard about it being released and I don't do Google searches every day to see when something comes available. I may have to end up getting one because full cup headphones suck during the hot humid summer months and I don't like being wired to a detector. One other thing, there's not a lot of information about the module receiver. No video, no nothing that I can find that's in-depth. Is it waterproof like the WM08 module? Do you have to have a special connector to make it waterproof? Does it have a volume control? Someone really needs to do a YouTube video review of this module. The marketing of this product fell flat on its face.

tabman

I totally agree with your sentiments. However, I just wanted to point out that the Minelab Equonox WM08 wireless module is NOT waterproof and there is nothing specified regarding how water resistant it is (ML just says "water resistant"), so I suppose it can hold up to a rain shower but not submersion.

Last edited:

Bottlecapbill

Feb 4, 2014
Sault St. Marie , Ontario Canada
Detector(s) used
AT PRO International, Blisstool V3, Makro Multi Kruzer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
None of them are water proof and a wireless signal won't work once the box is submerged. So if you wanted to use it hunting in the water, it's a no go.

Honestly the stock makro headphones have decent soun quality but I've barely gotten 1.5 seasons out of them. Their build quality, for such a dirty hobby is really sub standard. Dirt and mud can get into them easily not to mention water. They cost a fortune to replace, they barly ever stay on our head........and if I have to replace them THIS often I may as well just stop buying their detectors. I can buy a NOX for a little more and get a free wireless box or just use any old blue tooth headphones I can pick up on the cheap..........for eternity. The Nokta Machines will cost me money forever. Or I can pay a fortune for a transmitter box which brings me back to wired headphones(even if they're partially wireless) which isn't going to cut it in the Canadian wilderness in summer, or work with the backup battery pack.

I love my multi Kruzer but details like this matter. I'll probably never buy a Nokta Makro machine again because of this. $160+ dollars for replacement headphones of this quality is ridiculous.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread