Trash Lot with the Multi Kruzer & 5” Coil #2

sataro

Jan 16, 2013
Corsicana, Texas
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 800 | Nokta Simplex+ | Tesoro Mohave | Quest Xpointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Lightning & rain chased my hunting buddy & myself away from this lot the week before. So a week later we are trying this trash lot out once again. Water is standing everywhere but we are determined to dig up some coins. Messy is an understatement. Start to dig & it is so wet, your hole immediately fills up with water. We kept at it though. Ended up with an old Jefferson, one wheat, and an Indian. My hunting buddy found 3 old Jeffersons.

Normally at this site we are lucky if we can find a coin between us. So small coils are working great in this trashy lot.

Stopped by this lot today (week later) for a short hunt. More rains this week so lot is still full of standing water. Managed to pull another wheat out today. Ready to see the ground dry up. Does not feel like winter when the temp is nearly 70 today.

RobNC

Jan 5, 2019
NC
Detector(s) used
EQ800 (Stock Coil), Nokta Legend (LG30/LG24)
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Big hand for braving the water and crazy weather and STILL finding some good stuff!
The weather has been crazy here too. "Winter" and this mild weather. All this odd weather really has people sniffling and coughing.
Keep on swinging and finding the good stuff!

Bottlecapbill

Feb 4, 2014
Sault St. Marie , Ontario Canada
Detector(s) used
AT PRO International, Blisstool V3, Makro Multi Kruzer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I've been there! Slogging in the mud and trash to eek out some keepers lol. You come home tired, filthy and cold but it's so worth it. :) The only danger is that cold mud can really reek havoc on some pinpointers, especially if they aren't waterproof! Make sure you let them dry out at home once you clean them off.

The good news is you get great depth in wet ground like that. :D I've also found that as the ground dries out it tends to move the items within it around a bit so make sure you go over it again when it's fully dry as well, you'll most likely find a few new things have popped up.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread