Sifting program for Kruzer?

Yard Waste

Dec 16, 2013
Ontario
Detector(s) used
Makro Multi Kruzer, Garrett AT Pro International, Garrett Euro Ace.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Wrong area/ Gold has it's own discussion area.

OP
OP
Gravelwasher

Gravelwasher

Jan 3, 2011
El Dorado County
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab
Wrong area? What you talking about..lol
This is for some basic settings on a Makro Kruzer.

So if your out with your Kruzer what kind of settings are you liking for trashy areas where you wish to sift out the iron and hear a different tone for non ferus: rings, coins, buckles, and NUGGETS..lol

I have an XP Deus and I love running Calabash Diggers program for un masking items. So I was hoping someone may list some of there favorite settings....

If I was seeking information on where to find gold or something specific to natural gold, I do know where the specific Gold section/Prospecting is.

So if you have some settings your willing to share about a Makro Kruzer, please post em up.

Many Thanks in advance!!

Yard Waste

Dec 16, 2013
Ontario
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Makro Gold Racer has it's own area, just nothing happening there. It is a separate Makro Gold area ( as there are for other Makro detectors, Garrett (and other makers) are set up the same way here.) My answer had nothing to do with hunting gold- lol.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Gravelwasher

Gravelwasher

Jan 3, 2011
El Dorado County
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab
Yes the Makro Gold Racer has its own, but this question is regarding a Kruzer model, not a Gold Racer.

At least this section is busier than the Gold Racer section that has all of 1 post.

So what sort of settings on your Multi Kruzer are you having success with Yard Waste?

Yard Waste

Dec 16, 2013
Ontario
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Only had it fr a month ( have a Garrett pro and a EURO as well), but the Canadian clad is popping!!! It is 25 below -C --so it may be a while

Bottlecapbill

Feb 4, 2014
Sault St. Marie , Ontario Canada
Detector(s) used
AT PRO International, Blisstool V3, Makro Multi Kruzer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Canadian clad

Only had it fr a month ( have a Garrett pro and a EURO as well), but the Canadian clad is popping!!! It is 25 below -C --so it may be a while

Old Canadian clad or new clad? I'm not finding any clad with my Kruzer, it's mostly dried up accept for the older copper core stuff, or the stuff that's still very fresh. Kind of sad to be honest, I used to love finding clad, it was usually the more valuable of my finds lol. What am I missing?

On another note to keep on topic......I just run my machine wide open. If you feel you want to discriminate a bit, I would say you could knock out anything below 13 and that's about it. Any higher than that and you risk losing small gold sadly. I've even found delicate silver in the low 50's from time to time.

If it's really trashy though, you may want to consider lowering your sensitivity so that only significant shallow targets pop up at first. Then go over the area again with higher sensitivity to grab the next layer.....and so on until you stop finding anything.

You may also want to consider running on the 4khz mode so the coins pop out a little better.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Gravelwasher

Gravelwasher

Jan 3, 2011
El Dorado County
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab
Thanks for the input Bottlecapbill.

Does your Kruzer run fairly silent or is it a chatty Kathy?

My friend was running his Kruzer and it kept chattering, while my XP was running silent and only made noise over a target and very seldom it would chirp if I brushed it against a rock or over a hot spot.

Thanks, and many keepers to you all!!

Dr. Witty

Jan 8, 2015
Upstate NY
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Makro Racer 2 and Makro Kruzer
Garrett Carrot pro-pointer AT
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Makro Kruzer in 4 tone mode is really chatty. You can limit the chatter by using a frequency offset. I will typically offset the frequency down to F1 if needed. I will also turn the gain down to 55-65 and not worry so much about depth loss. One neat trick I'm using is to make a tone break of 26-30 for nickles and lower the tone frequency down to near 20khz, which sounds a tad higher than iron. I also silence iron audio. This setting really makes the nickles pop out sound wise. Now that i think about it I may be losing gold by silencing the iron audio unless i take the nickle range and bump it up to 26-78, then notch out the 31-60 range or something like that. I forgot where IH cents come up as since i haven't found one of those in a while. This way i can add another range between 10 and 26. I had a 24 inch 18k gold chain come up at 20 on the VDI. I wouldn't want to miss another one of those!

I'm not sure how much of this is relevant to the gold Kruzer though.

Last edited:

Bottlecapbill

Feb 4, 2014
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
My Kruzer is probably the most annoying machine I've ever owned when it comes to noise. There are a few spots I can't even really use it in, near power lines and heavy urban parks.

If I fiddle around with frequency shift, frequency adjusting *4,14, 19 khz and play around with the different modes I can usually make it acceptable. Most EMI comes in the lower range so you can disc it out, or you can just adjust your iron volume to zero or next to zero to knock out the sounds only, but still give you the iron on your display and that will help quiet things down as well. In most cases I just live with it but it really isn't the best machine in EMI zones. In the water it runs perfectly quiet once I submerge the coil. Whisper quiet. 3 tone is the quietest mode but also less sensitive to smaller objects like small jewelry. So you just have to play around at each site to get things working the best you can. I've even used gen mode with decent results in some places.

Usually good targets are still pretty obvious even with the background noise so I'm learning to deal with it.

Dr. Witty

Jan 8, 2015
Upstate NY
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I found the gold chain in 3 tone mode at 19khz. It was found behind city park pool. I'm detecting primary in 3 tone mode at 19 khz 89 gain in the trashy urban areas. From the YouTube videos and personal experience most of my 4 tone finds are deep iron, foil, and nickles. I'm still not convinced that I'm missing good stuff while in 3 tone, when I could be using 4 tone. Also this Kruzer is extremely annoying to me too. I think most people are afraid to turn down the gain in 4 tone, and that they need that number way up in the 90's to make great finds. I just don't think that's true.

Bottlecapbill

Feb 4, 2014
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
tones

3 tone is pretty good don't get me wrong. For general park/school yard hunting with the large amount of trash it's probably the best mode to use, as you've been doing. I've never run in 19khz in 3 tone yet. I've run 19khz in 4 tone and it was hell, picking up every tiny tiny piece of foil lol. Great on clean older sites, not so great in parks. :) 4khz in 4 tone found me a lot of missed coins on sites I've already cleaned out of almost everything, including trash.

One thing I like to do is actually carry an assortment of coins and gold with me. I take a few minutes to just bury them at the top soil depth, ground balance and then see which modes do or don't work the best at that location. It's shocking how soil conditions can change results.

Anyway I'm still learning my machine, I got it about a month before winter started and ended up getting so busy at work I barely had time to really work with it. My opinions may change if this snow ever melts.

Congrats on the chain by the way. I've been detecting almost 10 years and never found a gold chain. Plenty of plated, and a few silver. Never gold. :/ Dozens of gold pendants.......never the chain they were hanging on lol.

Dr. Witty

Jan 8, 2015
Upstate NY
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
That chain find was a complete surprise to me. I was in 3 tone 19khz. I wasn't digging anything down that low on the VDI but since i was by a pool in a very small area i decided to dig it all. When i first started with the Kruzer I was using 5khz for some reason. I did find sliver, but i didn't notice any improvement with 5khz depth wise. 19khz is my go to frequency, but that could change at any time. Lately I've been going over the school grounds that i was using 3 tone in and switching to 4 tone. I haven't really found anything more with 4 tone except maybe some nickles and deep nails.

Bottlecapbill

Feb 4, 2014
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That chain find was a complete surprise to me. I was in 3 tone 19khz. I wasn't digging anything down that low on the VDI but since i was by a pool in a very small area i decided to dig it all. When i first started with the Kruzer I was using 5khz for some reason. I did find sliver, but i didn't notice any improvement with 5khz depth wise. 19khz is my go to frequency, but that could change at any time. Lately I've been going over the school grounds that i was using 3 tone in and switching to 4 tone. I haven't really found anything more with 4 tone except maybe some nickles and deep nails.

The weird thing about my luck using the low frequency is a lot of the coins I found weren't deep. A Canadian large cent should be easy to find with any detector at 5 inches. This one park I did last fall had been done by me and everyone else in town with various machines. All using 14-16khz or so since most of the machines were running in that range. In this one small section I pulled two large cents, one silver 5 cent(very small) and any number of random pennies, none of which were especially deep. That's the crazy part. So I went to another old hunted out park that everyone had given up on. A park that's literally maybe 90 feet of frontage and 50 feet deep. I pulled 4 more keepers under the same conditions. Only one was really deep.........so I honestly have no idea what's going on lol. It's like the frequency change just made them stand out more. I can't explain it. I went over both with 19khz as well and didn't find any keepers but that doesn't mean there couldn't have been any there.

It's probably worth going over every productive site in all three settings.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions