I Put This Over On Another Forum, But Maybe I Should Have Posted It Here Instead

Dr. Witty

Jan 8, 2015
Upstate NY
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Makro Racer 2 and Makro Kruzer
Garrett Carrot pro-pointer AT
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
That is a very good question Tabman. I had to go downstairs and check my Multi Kruzer, and yes, mine goes up to 80 now too, used to only go up to 70. I don't use it much at all anymore for the same reason you stated. 4 tone was just too chatty for me in my area. I switched back to my Makro Racer 2 because of this since 2 tone mode is plenty deep for me while remaining relatively quiet. Back in Early September I had to send my Kruzer back for repair. At that time they just gave me a whole new control box since mine got flooded. My Kruzer at that time was updated to the 2nd release, so there must have been some changes since then that were not publicized. Now I'm thinking i need to give 4 tone another chance. So thanks for the heads up.

Jacza

Apr 14, 2016
Detector(s) used
Makro Multi Kruzer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Put the 28AF coil on it and you have also in 3 tone mode a considerable depth.

OP
OP
tabman

tabman

Bronze Member
Jul 5, 2011
Germantown, Tennessee
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Presently: CTX 3030, Tesoro Modded Cibola, F75LTD-2, XP Deus, Tesoro Mojave, MXT Pro, Tesoro Eldorado, Whites MXT All Pro, Minelab Equinox, Fisher CZ5 & CZ3D
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Now I'm wondering since the board or the control housing has been switched out if my new 'hybrid' detector is running at 14 or 19kHz. It could be just my imagination, but it does seem to hit a lot harder on nickels than my previous Kruzer. 19kHz could account for it running quieter in 4-tones. I know that my previously owned Teknetics G2 ran super quiet with 19kHz and loved nickels. Also I just noticed that the Anfibio doesn't have 4-tones like the Kruzer does. I guess what I'm trying to figure out is if you can use the same 'control housing' and ONLY change the programming and have a new detector. In other words, is the Anfibio 19 the same detector as the Kruzer 14 with new programming, new rod and search coil?

tabman

Bottlecapbill

Feb 4, 2014
Sault St. Marie , Ontario Canada
Detector(s) used
AT PRO International, Blisstool V3, Makro Multi Kruzer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I feel like they are pretty much the same software wise, just with different options. Most people who have used both say the anfibio is deeper.......but I suspect if you used the same coils on both machines that may not be true. I haven't seen a real comparison video of the two by anyone to confirm this though. What I do know, is since I put the 13 inch coil on my Kruzer it's become a beast! I never use the stock coil anymore....it's a whole new machine now.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions