Problem with Kruzer Display

Bosley

Dec 4, 2020
Northern Colorado
Detector(s) used
Nokta Makro Kruzer, Garrett Pro-Pointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Hello all. I'm having some problems with the display on my Kruzer, and I'm hoping someone can shed some light.

Quick background: I bought my detector when I was living in France last year (I've had it for about 14 months). Used it there many times with no problems whatsoever. Back in March, I came home (to Colorado) to visit, not bringing my detector with me. Well, the pandemic blew up while I was home, and I ended up not having a job to go back to. Fast forward to this week, and my friend in France finally shipped my stuff home to me.

Got my detector out of the box and put it together, charged it, fired it up... and it seems to work fine (meaning that I can detect targets with it), but the display is gibberish. It has that "alarm clock" type display, and it's almost like some of the number "sections" aren't working. I've included a video showing what the startup looks like.

My assumption is that it was knocked around during its Transatlantic voyage. I don't think I stressed enough to my friend who packed the boxes that it was a delicate device that needed to be packed with care - it was basically just wrapped in clothes. My fault, not his.

Does anyone know anything that can be done about this? I bought it lightly used from a metal detecting shop owner, so I'm assuming there's no warranty option. I'd rather not ship it off again to be worked on, but if that's what it takes, I'll do it. I'm not the most technically savvy guy, but I'd be willing to tear into it if it might be a simple fix.

Thanks for any input - it's greatly appreciated.

OP
OP
Bosley

Bosley

Dec 4, 2020
Northern Colorado
Detector(s) used
Nokta Makro Kruzer, Garrett Pro-Pointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I ended up fixing this myself. Given that I assume I had no warranty coverage on this machine, I popped the box open and had a look. Super easy - it was just a loose ribbon cable connector. I'm so glad it was that easy, and not a serious issue.

Thanks to everyone who read this, all the same.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions