Gypsy Heart

Gold Member
Nov 29, 2005
Ozarks

GunFarce

Dec 26, 2004
Innisfil On Canada
Re: ANTIQUE DOCUMENTS, AUTOGRAPHS, ETC

OK Here's one.. About 25 years ago, I found a "Wild Bunch" Wanted poster in an old barn.. It's a fairly heavy parchment type stock, with slight stain and no damage other than some small holes and rust stain where it had been tacked up, and has the only picture of these guys that was ever taken.. According to history, they posed for this picture out of 'bravado'? Anyway the photographer put it in his shop window, and a law man looking for these guys, used the photo to have these wanted posters made ($5000.00 reward).. I don't know how many were ever printed, I have only seen one other on a television documentary about the wildbunch. I have it in a frame, hanging on a well shaded wall in my livingroom.. Any one know what this would be worth?

Wheelman

May 27, 2010

I have an old 1800's wanted poster from here in California. I have had it looked at by several antique paper dealers/sellers, as soon as they see it is parchmont paper they know it is a reproduction to make look old. They did not have or use parchmont in the 1800's. Thats my spin. :read2:

mamabear

Silver Member
Feb 21, 2008
SE Missouri
Detector(s) used
garage sale oldie
Primary Interest:
Other

thanks for the link Gypsy. very useful!

GunFarce

Dec 26, 2004
Innisfil On Canada

Wheelman said:
I have an old 1800's wanted poster from here in California. I have had it looked at by several antique paper dealers/sellers, as soon as they see it is parchmont paper they know it is a reproduction to make look old. They did not have or use parchmont in the 1800's. Thats my spin. :read2:

I'm not sure if it's parchment, or just a brownish coloured paper.. Thanks for the info, I guess I'll have to take a closer look at this thing..

Apr 13, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have an autographed silk fan from the Austro-Hungarian Empire. Mainly artists, theatre people, writers and benefactors, such as Clara Von Hirsh, wife of the famous Baron who helped settle many Jews in Palestine, New York and south America. I have no idea what it is worth but just the cross-referencing of names shows an elite of jewish intellectuals and artist on this one fan. If you should know of people interested in pre-WWI European intellectual and aristic life, don't be shy.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread