very interesting ... your papers please...Herrn Valentin Koppel

ivan salis

Gold Member
Feb 5, 2007
callahan,fl
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
delta 4000 / ace 250 - used BH and many others too
here is a intersting item I found a bit ago..

the odd part about iis where and how it was found === at a old farms estate yard sale * this item was found in a box of that had clearly been put away a long long time ago into the attic ****hidden away inside of 1942 american farming magizine was this old 1935 era nazi travel pass -- a very very odd thing to have in a world war 2 era "AMERICAN" MAGIZINE -- since nazi spy ring folks that had been landed in ponte vedra , florida at that time (1942) had just been been caught and 6 of the 8 had been put to death .-- as a german living in america it would be the laast thing I would have wanted to have upon my person or in my home ( since only nazi party members were allowed on these "cruises")

Hamburg was the major spy training base for Germany -- AND ALSO THE FIRST STOP FOR THESE SOUTH AMERICAN BOUND VESSELS *

its is now well known that the nazis in 1935 era planted several "long term" spy rings in the south american countries on these ships runs .

post war several major player ex nazi's using the Odessa network -- fled to several of these countries to hide out after the war --with new names and ID's

its a nazi travel pass for Mr. Valentin Koppel * room assignment / bunk card (room 264 - bunk no 1) dated july 5th,1935 for a trip aboard the nazi party "pleasure cruise" vessel MONTE OLIVIA -- the ships run ran like this -- GERMANY ( hamburg , bremen) then to HOLLAND ( amsterdam , antwerp) then to BRAZIL (redife , salvador , rio de janeiro , santos ) them to URUGUAY (montevideo) and finally ARGENTINA (buenos aires)

working as a farmer in america -- one could easily spy on local jacksonville , florida miltary bases and along the waterfront as one delivered farm goods to them --finding out vital convoy departure dates and other information .

nazi spys were often given gold or cash to bribe folks and buy information with --could there still besome hidden on or near the old farm, one can not help but wonder.

Attachments

• scan0002.jpg
    scan0002.jpg
    25.5 KB · Views: 384
  • scan0003.jpg
    scan0003.jpg
    28.5 KB · Views: 364

SoreKneesDayton

Bronze Member
Oct 27, 2007
Dayton, Oh
Detector(s) used
Whites M-6 with Bullseye Pinpointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Re: very interesting ...papers please...

Very interesting story Ivan. Makes you wonder how many ex nazis are still here.

SKD

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread