Awsome topo maps for Google Earth!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

rugratt

Dec 19, 2008
Erie, Pa
Detector(s) used
bounty hunter, whites DFX
I posted this on the pa location forum and since it covers several states, thought I would post it here.............Covers the following states- CT, ME, MA, ME, NH, NJ, NY, PA, RI, and VT. These are overlays, so If you get it to work you can fade the maps in and out with the slide bar.
Not sure if anyone tried this, but you have to download google earth and then go to this site http://www.gelib.com/historic-topographic-maps. Download, save and open this file:Google Earth KML File. Now go to google earth and you will have to select your state under the PLACES menu on the left tool bar. Most maps are from the 1900's

Elad

Apr 23, 2008
MA
Detector(s) used
Teknetics T2SE
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I got it to work... thank you so much for sharing! :thumbsup:

Wizzard

May 3, 2006
Phoenix, Arizona
Detector(s) used
MineLab Quattro
Welcome to 404 error page!
Welcome to this customized error page. You've reached this page because you've clicked on a link that does not exist. This is probably our fault... but instead of showing you the basic '404 Error' page that is confusing and doesn't really explain anything, we've created this page to explain what went wrong.

You can either (a) click on the 'back' button in your browser and try to navigate through our site in a different direction, or (b) click on the following link to go to homepage.

Back to homepage »

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions