Detector(s) used
Fisher CZ-7
mlhudson said:
HERE YOU GO " BAMA DAN" GO TO SANBORN SITE = USER NAME = SANBORN
PASSWORD = WELCOME

IF THAT DONT WORK SWITCH TO THE USERNAME AND PASSWORD

I TAKE NO CREDIT FOR THE ACCOUNT

MLHUDSON

Which sanborn site, the one posted above? For some reason the map for my town is not available anywhere. I found the company that owns all the originals; edrnet.com.... but you have to buy a copy.

auferret

Sep 25, 2007
Tennessee
Detector(s) used
White's MXT
Sunray DX-1
Falcon MD20
Garrett Seahunter Mark II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Not every town in the country is listed there. Which one would you be from? Maybe we can find it somewhere for you.

Edit - Try this one. It is the complete list http://sanborn.umi.com/ same user and password

findstuf

Mar 23, 2009
Detector(s) used
Fisher CZ-7
thanks, I plugged that username and password into the 4 sites I ran across. It worked in the link you just posted.

SgtSki in MI

Oct 14, 2007
Hesperia, MI
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer XS & Explorer II, Fisher 1236-X2
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
As of May 13th, 2009 the username "Sanborn" and the password "welcome" no longer work

dan_h

Sep 9, 2005
I think they just changed their log-on again. sanborn and welcome no longer work. Also tried the old residence and welcome and that didn't work either.

RJGMC

Sep 6, 2008
KANSAS CITY METRO
Detector(s) used
SIMPLEX, EQUINOX AND TESORO
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
If you want to look in California only, I found sjplremote and welcome will get you in. Now who has the magic words for Missouri?

THANKS!

BOB

deepskyal

Bronze Member
Aug 17, 2007
Natrona Heights, Pa.
Detector(s) used
White's Coinmaster 6000 Di Series 3, Minelab Eq 600
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I think what happens is we post the user name and password, then after a while they catch on and change it. I think they are looking at the revenue they lose by the free access.

Think about it....if you were trying to sell something and found a key code that allowed someone to get it for free...posted for the world to read.....you'd change it too.

We aren't the only ones that read Treasure Net forum postings. All sorts of people, companies, etc.

For some reason....I still have access without needing to log in.....and I don't subscribe to them. I always needed the user name and Password.....til today, 5/16/2009. :icon_scratch:

Maybe they just made it free. In the last 20 minutes.... ::). I tried the link posted and got the log-on...but figured out the new info to log in...now it comes up all the time without loggin in...musta left a cookie on my puter.

My last access, I spent days downloading maps. I started from my home site and spiraled outwards. It was monotonous, but I got lots and lots of maps saved...just in case they did what they did...change their log-in. Even bought a laptop puter so I could watch tv while I downloaded.

I've watched a couple of my favorite sites disappear or become pay sites recently...probably because of the economy. Someone has to pay to keep the sites up. Free sites, especially the ones with loads of copywritten information, are disappearing. Get it while you can.

T-net is a great site for sharing info and charter members help support it. But we also need to keep some information on the down-low so we can continue accessing informative sites. If you want the new un and pw, send me a message. I'm not guaranteeing it by any means, just dont want it posted for the world, then lose it again.

Al

SgtSki in MI

Oct 14, 2007
Hesperia, MI
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer XS & Explorer II, Fisher 1236-X2
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I agree with Al on this one. I was also downloading tons of maps for where I hunt before I couldn't get into it anymore, so I'm probably one of the guilty parties as to why they changed the username/password. Oops!

Dec 2, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Free Sanborn Fire Insurance Maps for NY state

I agree with Al on this one. I was also downloading tons of maps for where I hunt before I couldn't get into it anymore, so I'm probably one of the guilty parties as to why they changed the username/password. Oops!

So, are there no more free resources for the above?

Thanks, Frank

kam50

Mar 7, 2009
Canton,Ohio
Detector(s) used
Fisher F2 Garrett Pro pointer
Minelab X-Terra 305 Garrett pro pointer(Fake one got ripped off!)
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Check your local library. Mine here has a link where you can access with your library card. HH

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread