Atlas of treasure maps By F.L. Coffman

Oldhunter67

Aug 21, 2009
Central, N.Y.
Detector(s) used
Prizm IV, Whites 6T, Garrett AT Pro ( Have used DFX, XLT, Fisher, Garretts )
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yes, I have owned a copy of that book. I sold it to a diver out of Long Island whose name escapes me now. Mr. Coffman had very nice color maps in that atlas and plotted all the ocean sunken ships by lat and long. I sold it ten years ago for $110.00. If ya can get it for close to that its a good price as he is no longer alive and the atlas has been out of print a long time. Jimmy

Salvor6

Silver Member
Feb 5, 2005
Port Richey, Florida
Detector(s) used
Aquapulse, J.W. Fisher Proton 3, Pulse Star II, Detector Pro Headhunter, AK-47
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
Monk you are selling that book too cheap. Its worth $300 today. There ain't many left

OP
OP
cw0909

cw0909

Silver Member
Dec 24, 2006
Primary Interest:
Other
a friend was asking, me to ask about it, she spends her vacs diving
ill let her know, your opinions and offers
thanks

Mackaydon

Gold Member
Oct 26, 2004
N. San Diego Pic of my 2 best 'finds'; son & g/son
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
CW:
Have you tired the "Interbranch Library Services" at your local library--where they will search their network for the book (for a very small fee--or nothing)? At my library, they ask "Do you want the 'regular search?'-- that can be for up to a week OR an extensive search for the book. The 'regular search' costs me nothing; for the 'extensive search' they ask for a contribution: $5-$10. I find the service effective and cost conscious. The library uses the funds to offset the shipping costs of the books from wherever the book is located.
Don........

OP
OP
cw0909

cw0909

Silver Member
Dec 24, 2006
Primary Interest:
Other
Mackaydon said:
CW:
Have you tired the "Interbranch Library Services" at your local library--where they will search their network for the book (for a very small fee--or nothing)? At my library, they ask "Do you want the 'regular search?'-- that can be for up to a week OR an extensive search for the book. The 'regular search' costs me nothing; for the 'extensive search' they ask for a contribution: $5-$10. I find the service effective and cost conscious. The library uses the funds to offset the shipping costs of the books from wherever the book is located.
Don........

thanks ill pass it on, maybe give her something to do over the winter

Dinabee

Sep 22, 2010
I know this is an old thread, but I have a copy of this book and just noticed something strange about it. It's BACKWARDS. I've looked at this book many times since I've owned it and never noticed. I guess when I had to turn it around, I assumed the dust jacket was put on wrong, but it wasn't.... the whole book is BOUND backwards.
the dust jacket got ruined, so it's just the book with it's regular cover, but it is in good shape. the binding is good and all pages are intact and unharmed.

I've seen this book in FAIR condition for sale at some of the antique book sites for 300$.
I wonder if mine would be worth more because it's IMPERFECT ???
Does anyone know ??

lucylou2010

Tenderfoot
Oct 26, 2010
I have this atlas if anyone is interested. It is in very good condition, I just requested an appraisal on it. Please e-mail if interested.

Attachments

• lucy misc 205.jpg
    lucy misc 205.jpg
    43.7 KB · Views: 1,222
Last edited:

BobInFla

Oct 7, 2010
Leesburg, FL
Detector(s) used
1970's model Garrett Master Hunter, AT Pro
lucylou2010 said:
I have this atlas if anyone is interested. It is in very good condition, I just requested an appraisal on it. Please e-mail if interested.
The title page and the copyright page might provide more information.

bigstrapper

Greenie
Apr 12, 2010
Renton, WA.
Detector(s) used
Pulse Star II
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
Lucy, I have the entire Thomas P. Terry collection and this would go great with it, how much are you asking? ???

Old Bookaroo

Silver Member
Dec 4, 2008
Ahoy!

It looks like you have a nice copy; no dust jacket and a stain on the front cover.

Due to the large size of this book copies are seldom found in a clean condition with tight binding. The dust jackets also had a rough life - again, because the book is so large. It's a difficult thing to judge from one photo of the front (a very nice photo, by the way); your copy does appear to be tight (the cover's don't sag at the edges).

The sales "comps" you provided included a number of ex-library copies. These are not very attractive for most collectors. Please also keep in mind most of those are "offers" - not necessarily sales at the price(s) asked. Although the first one appears to now be gone.

Personally, I would say yours would retail for between $125 and $150.

You also asked "Is it worth it?" That's a proper question for a potential buyer. I have my own views regarding the utility of this volume for a serious treasure hunter. It is, however, a sought-after title by collectors of treasure hunting literature.

Good luck to all,

~The Old Bookaroo

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Lucylou, only CM can sell....

OP
OP
cw0909

cw0909

Silver Member
Dec 24, 2006
Primary Interest:
Other
wow i guess i should update, my friend did get a copy, i dont remember from where or cost
she was happy with it, and said thanks for the info HH cw

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
RU STILL INTERESTED IN THIS BOOK?

Lucylou I have told you that you can not sell unless your a charter member.....You ignored me and posted right below still trying to sell...... Next attempt to sell means a timeout for ignoring mod.

Sent from my QMV7A using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread