Georgia Sanborn fire insurance maps

get-r-dug

Jun 17, 2008
Tennessee
Detector(s) used
ACE 250
I've been searching for a way to access sanborn maps for Tennessee, but so far i've only found this site where you can actually look at the maps but its for Georgia, hope it helps someone.

http://dlg.galileo.usg.edu/cgi/meta.cgi?dbs=meta&ini=meta.ini&userid=public&query=(digital+sanborn+maps)Digital_Collection:%22Sanborn+fire+Insurance+Maps+for+Georgia+Towns+and+Cities+1884-1922%22&crumbs=%5BDigital+Sanborn+Maps%5D%1Frset%3D002%1F540%1FSanborn+fire+Insurance+Maps+for+Georgia+Towns+and+Cities+1884-1922

well, that don't look right now that i put it in but thats the only way i know to do it.

HH
get-r-dug

Shortstack

Silver Member
Jan 22, 2007
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Bandido II and DeLeon. also a Detector Pro Headhunter Diver, and a Garrett BFO called The Hunter & a Garrett Ace 250.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Try this link. http://www.lib.utk.edu/cic/sanborn.htm
It looks like you'll have to go to the university library. :dontknow: Click on the Home link at the top of the left hand column and search the other listings. I hope this helps you.

If those maps digitized onto Cd's, maybe you can get an inter-library loan on some from the school.

What I did was to type in "university of Tennessee library collection" and it went to this site.

This school is in Knoxville. Where are YOU?

OP
OP
get-r-dug

get-r-dug

Jun 17, 2008
Tennessee
Detector(s) used
ACE 250
Sorry, I haven't been on this site in a looonnnnggg time....bt thanks for the info. Our lives sort of turned topsy turvy for a couple of years but things seem to be looking up now. (Praise the Lord.) I did, however, check with my local library (approximately a year ago) about sanborn maps and they'd never heard of such a thing...lol! That's small town life for ya! By the way I live in Smith County, Middle TN, about 50 miles east of Nashville.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread