Mapping Software Question?

rgecy

Bronze Member
Jun 14, 2004
Beaufort, SC
Detector(s) used
Garrett Sea Hunter Mk II
Does anyone know of a good mapping software that I can use to Mark shipwrecks and unknown obstructions I have found. I want to create a GPS data base of locations and store information on each site. I also want to mark the location of blower holes and what was found in each. Any ideas.

Could this be done in Microsoft Access or Excell and use the graph feature to display them?

Thanks,

Robert in SC

AndWebVicOz

Dec 24, 2004
Hello Robert

Sorry for the belated reply to your October post.

Have you tried OziExplorer GPS Mapping Software. I believe that Ozi would be perfect for your needs. I have been using this programme very successfully for some years for plotting and recording relic finds, old bottle dumps and finds, gold nugget and other gold related finds and site information. It is very user friendly, is used World Wide, has an excellent help and tutorial file, supports most GPS units, map datums and map image file types etc., is reasonably priced US$85, or use demo version before you buy. Ozi also has an busy and excellent users forum. I hope that this info is of use. Try the following link. http://www.oziexplorer.com/

Regards Andrew W in Aus.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread