Born2Dtect

Bronze Member
Jun 11, 2004
Hurlock, Maryland
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, Excalibur II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Cool. If you go there Download the maps with the download link and they will be saved as a PDF file. This gives a clearer pix than saving as a picture (JPG). If you download now you get all the maps you need for free. :wink:

Ed Donovan

P.B. and Dylan

Dec 9, 2008
Berks Co. PA
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV & GC1023
I have never been able to find a Sanborn map of my town. Does that mean that there is none or are there more maps that are not included in this collection?

deepskyal

Bronze Member
Aug 17, 2007
Natrona Heights, Pa.
Detector(s) used
White's Coinmaster 6000 Di Series 3, Minelab Eq 600
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
P.B. and Dylan said:
I have never been able to find a Sanborn map of my town. Does that mean that there is none or are there more maps that are not included in this collection?

Some towns are combined in a series. They may list a main town,but in later years just added other surrounding towns as an addition to it.
Look for other towns around you and see if your town was added in there.

Found many, many small towns listed under another township. Say 1880 they list Marionville. In 1910 they also have Boogeyville in the series under Marionville. BTW...I made up Boogeyville...lol

Quite a few had 4 or 5 townships under 1 main city listing. I think they put astericks or some notation to the year to indicate towns were added.

Al

Sky Pilot

Bronze Member
Dec 2, 2007
Tellico Plains, Tennessee
Detector(s) used
Several Fisher, Tesoro, White's and Garrett's
Hello WonderWeiner :icon_scratch: :icon_scratch: !!

Welcome to TreasureNet!!

The link died on the 27th of March, I'm afraid. Yeah I know.... I lost out too!

Great to have you here!

Regards

Sky Pilot

P.B. and Dylan

Dec 9, 2008
Berks Co. PA
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV & GC1023
deepskyal said:
P.B. and Dylan said:

Some towns are combined in a series. They may list a main town,but in later years just added other surrounding towns as an addition to it.
Look for other towns around you and see if your town was added in there.

Found many, many small towns listed under another township. Say 1880 they list Marionville. In 1910 they also have Boogeyville in the series under Marionville. BTW...I made up Boogeyville...lol

Quite a few had 4 or 5 townships under 1 main city listing. I think they put astericks or some notation to the year to indicate towns were added.

Al

Thanks Al, I'll try this the next time the maps are available.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions