Cache Hunting

milehigh

Jul 10, 2012
Castle Rock,CO.
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Vaquero
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey khpony...........did you ever find the stagecoach lines maps? Would be interested myself...I'm in Parker,CO. and looking for linees that ran from Kansas to Colorado.

Happy Hunting!!

Randy or milehigh

H-2 CHARLIE

Bronze Member
Dec 1, 2012
on the rocks - so cal county line
Detector(s) used
Gold bug pro / Minelab GM 1000
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have a big stack of old jounels and other train books from 1896 to 1919 and i wonder if i search if i could find any maps that would point me to any lost or looted chests ?.

Gork

Dec 13, 2004
I have a big stack of old jounels and other train books from 1896 to 1919 and i wonder if i search if i could find any maps that would point me to any lost or looted chests ?.

Many books written on the subject are based on faulty info and myths with no solid primary references. The best source is original newspaper accounts that can be easily accessible on line. Very few of the strongboxes taken by robbers were ever buried. As an example no Butterfield Overland Mail Company stagecoach (1858-1861) was ever robbed. All stories concerning this are myths.
I would also suggest you obtain "The Overland Stage to California" by Frank A. Root and William E. Connelley. This is considered on of the best sources of the history of the central route through Colorado, Utah, Nevada, and Kansas. It has an excellent map and individual details of the stage stations along this route

Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread