Sanborn Fire Insurance Maps Too!!!!!!!!!!!!

gldhntr

Bronze Member
Dec 6, 2004
If anyone is interested in these then go to ' utahice.com/sanborn.htm ' ... For those that don't know, these are maps from around 1875---1920 of cities. These are very detailed, even showing property lines,poutbuildings, outhouses, wells, buildings, complete with building materials in some cases. This is one of the best maps I've found for nearly any place that was a city then. Lewis charges $1.00 per map. Yes one dollar!!!! If you buy a quantity he will cut you a deal better than that. I just purchased 118 maps from him. He sent me a disk with 120 maps on it. I paid $80.00. I received the disk in three days. It don't get no better except for free.

OP
OP
G

gldhntr

Bronze Member
Dec 6, 2004
no problem. i also have several i think, will look through my files and see, if i do i will e-mail them to you...

cheese

Silver Member
Jan 9, 2005
South Georgia
Awesome! Are the scans high quality? I was thinking of searching for sanborn maps of my area, but it looks like this guy's got all I want.

OP
OP
G

gldhntr

Bronze Member
Dec 6, 2004
the quality on this mans product is top rate. you can read every word on the maps. i have NO complaints with any of mine and i have 120 of them. auto start discs .. just put it in and go.

K

Kentucky Kache

The only thing I am worried about is scale. Can you print them in original size?

OP
OP
G

gldhntr

Bronze Member
Dec 6, 2004
these are very detailed, building by building, house by house by out house,,block by block maps...each map will be only covering a block or two..it may take 10 maps to cover a decent size city.....you can print them original size or whatever size....they show property lines, streets and in some cases even have measurements on everything including buildings and out buildings......you will not be unhappy if you purchase these, and if you are you will be the first!!

K

Kentucky Kache

I'll have to give 'em a try. I saw some on their web site, for my state. Not the areas I'm interested in, but maybe I just saw their samples.

OP
OP
G

gldhntr

Bronze Member
Dec 6, 2004
check the website above.......these cover most all cities that were cities at the time the maps were made.........g

JakePhelps

Silver Member
Jul 7, 2005
Massachusetts
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Cibola
ok thx i saw the thing on the site for westminster maps. btw by 1$ a map what does that mean? is that for a whole town or a part of a town (my town is really small so it really doesnt matter)

OP
OP
G

gldhntr

Bronze Member
Dec 6, 2004
$1.oo a map,,,,,each map will cover around 4-8 city blocks......on most towns from the 1860 era i have to buy 4-10 maps to cover the town.....they show everything though and are well worth it,,,houses, carriage houses,, well houses,, outhouses,,,,everything,,,they also show what the buildings were built of, dimensions,,,,lot size, road width,,,more info than i have ever needed.......gldhntr

JakePhelps

Silver Member
Jul 7, 2005
Massachusetts
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Cibola
I am going to buy 4 westminster maps from 1923, too bad he doesnt have any older ones :( I think these will help me locate alotta buildings that burned down around my house ;D

Rich in Texas

Jun 23, 2003
San Antonio, Texas
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX, MXT X2, Exploder, and Classic III
Lewis is top notch guys! I just got my latest disk from him today. He is fast and the maps are awesome. I owe some of my good finds to the maps he has provided! (Ps, this is not an ad ;D )
He just has great service and I felt the need to speak up!

Rich

JakePhelps

Silver Member
Jul 7, 2005
Massachusetts
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Cibola
Yep, couldnt have put it better rich. O btw i didnt have them shipped i just recieved them in a pdf file thru email, he gave them to me even before i paid! Of course i paid tonight. These maps are awesome ;D

Dr.Jones

Aug 19, 2005
Kennett square , PA
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-Trac
I tried to view this website because I was looking to order some maps, but his site is down. Anyone know if he is still in business I am very interested in ordering some maps from him, especially after reading your posts

OP
OP
G

gldhntr

Bronze Member
Dec 6, 2004
dr. jones.....been trying to recontact lewis with no luck....don't know what has happened.....saw a post where someone said these maps were available through the los angeles library for free.....got to checking in north carolina and they can be accessed through www.nclive.com for free but either way you have to have a current library card for the state.....possibly check into your states library system to see if they have a similar site where these can be accessed ,,,for free.......gldhntr

EDDE

Gold Member
Dec 7, 2004
Detector(s) used
Troy X5
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
same here was on another web page and thought it was the browser guess not....

davidtn

Dec 14, 2005
Tennessee
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Whites MX Sport, Eurotek Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm not having much success with the link that was posted in the top post. Can I get some help on this please?

Thanks!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions