Need Old maps of Butler County, PA! (or help with maps)

DiggItUp

Mar 9, 2013
Hey guys, just join tnet, and i was wondering if anyone could help me find a site with old (prefferably 1860's-1920's) maps of Butler County, PA. I found one site with a map of 1941, but it was really hard because they key on the map was huge and used annoyingly confusing symbols, and also the map didn't even have street names! Not to mention 1941 isn't even that old. So, yeah, if anyone could help me, that would be really nice. So far really impressed with the community on here! It's nice to see so many adults and old folks actively using the internet and forums! (I'm young).

Thanks,
Jim

Jim of PA

Sep 23, 2012
SW Pa
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75 SE LTD Sunray FX1 Probe Minelab X Terra 705 Garrett pro-pointer Whites Prizm 4
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey DiggitUp Welcome aboard. I been looking my self for some old maps of Butler I live in Butler I don't think your going to find a map with streets marked lol

OP
OP
DiggItUp

DiggItUp

Mar 9, 2013
Hey DiggitUp Welcome aboard. I been looking my self for some old maps of Butler I live in Butler I don't think your going to find a map with streets marked lol

Aww... ;( what do u use for research

Jim of PA

Sep 23, 2012
SW Pa
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75 SE LTD Sunray FX1 Probe Minelab X Terra 705 Garrett pro-pointer Whites Prizm 4
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
If you google Butler County history a few comes up. I think from 1876

craven27

Greenie
Mar 1, 2013
campville
Detector(s) used
Fisher F2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
hello and welcome . heres what i would do . pull up that map and bookmark it ,then sign up for google earth. type in your location on google earth then you can take the old map and match up the way that the streets look. they will be a little off looking but should resemble pretty close to tell what street it is. once you have found a familiar street and you know where abouts you are on the old map then just scroll around and mark out your spots. OR go to a town building and they might be able to direct you to where you can find older maps. here in tioga county ny we have a tioga county historic society building that has a bunch of old maps. try looking for somewhere like that. Good luck.

Jim of PA

Sep 23, 2012
SW Pa
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Never heard of Middlesex County

Jim of PA

Sep 23, 2012
SW Pa
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Jim of PA

Sep 23, 2012
SW Pa
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You mean Middlesex township :hello:

Jim of PA

Sep 23, 2012
SW Pa
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Butler Library has a couple to look at

Jim of PA

Sep 23, 2012
SW Pa
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I mostly walk around in the woods and look for old cellar holes

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread