Historic map site, free access in March! Now April as well!

stanjam

Mar 23, 2008
Springfield, MA
Detector(s) used
ACE 250
This map site is one I have been using to research my area the last couple days. During the month of March you can view all their maps using their pan and zoom feature! I am using these older maps (1870-1890s) of my area and am using them side by side with google maps to try and find good, public areas that I can do some metal detecting, or finding some other places that I can get permission to dig.

Hope you enjoy it!

http://www.historicmapworks.com/

EDIT: The pan and zoom features have been extended for April! This is a very good site I have been using for research. Most of the maps are in color, making it easy to often identify old public areas such as parks where people gathered, or old public buildings. You can also join for 30 bucks if you want to buy maps, and you will get a 29.99 credit towards maps purchased. I haven't joined, as I don't want (right now) to buy any maps, just want to do some research.

Let me know what you think of it!

S

seger98

Re: Historic map site, free access in March!

WOW, that is an amazing site, just the last hour or so that I have looked it over, I saw where old buildings once stood 75 years ago in the Wi. state atlas 1930c. thanks for the link, I will definitely be buying some of those maps, they will pay for themselves with the first old coin I find!

:thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

OP
OP
stanjam

stanjam

Mar 23, 2008
Springfield, MA
Detector(s) used
ACE 250
Looks like someone else already posted this site, sorry about that! Still, looks like a good tool for research, search functions by address and GPS etc.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions