Found two more marbles

Marbleguy

Nov 2, 2008
I was helping a Trona,Ca woman who sold her house and asked me to landscape the front yard for the new owners. I worked till I had to sit on the ground to relax for awhile. Looked to my right and there beside me exposed upon the desert sands by winds was a pristine 1930s Ravenswood Novelty Company green swirl marble. Into my pocket it went. Work finished I drove for two minutes to one of the old Trona dumpsites I'm working. Sat down at a buried 1930s strata,dug for several minutes then gave up. Stood up,looked at the pile of sand I had excavated and I'll be darned there's another 1930s green swirl Ravenswood marble. If you're digging for artifacts,always stand up after you're fnished,turn around and closely inspect the pile of dirt you've dug. Digging for antique marbles is just like working a stream for gold nuggets. Marbles are small,smooth,heavy and will sink low into soil/sand. If there's a pyramid of soil behind you that you've dug,marbles will roll down it and remain around the circumference.

OP
OP
M

Marbleguy

Nov 2, 2008
I'm working on the photos

My computer is messed up. I think it's the Kodak Easyshare junk intefering with my new camera system. I have plenty of photos of artifacts/marbles I've excavated but every time I try to access them my screen freezes. I have to go thru the re-start process again and again. I could post photos if I could click on a photo,hit save then post. But apparently there's some wierd complications involved posting photos here that my almost-63 year old bwain's having trouble with. Is'nt it supposed to be easy to post photos? Call me an old,desert fart but this jumping thru hoops stuff to post photos just does'nt seem right.

mistergee

Silver Member
Jan 8, 2008
Pennsylvania
Perhaps the crazy fluorescent marbles are bombarding your hard drive with harmful space gamma radiation.

Those things cannot be good for technology. They only glow,

by the light,

of the mooooooooon!
;D

OP
OP
M

Marbleguy

Nov 2, 2008
Thrills hard to come by in my ghost town..

I think the 50s film 'Bad Day at Black Rock' was filmed where I live. Out here,any thrill is good. The glowing marbles take me right back to my hayday in 1968. You know,headshop posters and all that. That lots of the old glass is radioactive only adds to the thrill. Hubba,hubba.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread