This is a "MUST READ" for you marble collectors.. too funny!

creskol

Gold Member
Jan 14, 2007
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
Other
This is a "MUST READ" for you marble collectors.. too funny!

Seems this guy is just a little perturbed that every marble sold on ebay is attributable to the Civil War .. Hilarious !!

http://cgi.ebay.com/CIVIL-WAR-MARBLES-MADE-BY-ALIENS-I-SWEAR-THEY-WERE_W0QQitemZ250368710209QQcmdZViewItemQQptZLH_DefaultDomain_0?hash=item250368710209&_trksid=p3286.c0.m14&_trkparms=66%3A2|65%3A3|39%3A1|240%3A1318

Marbleguy

Nov 2, 2008
Loved it. And how true!

There are fast-buck-artists out there who'd sell gold plated horse poo on Ebay. I had an experience recently. Bought a 1930s era McKee glassware vase advertised by the seller as 'In perfect condition. Not a scratch on it'. I bought it. It arrived shattered into a dozen pieces crudely glued together. I tried repeatedly to post 'I got shafted' at the seller's Ebay feedback site. That's when I found out that Ebay makes it difficult to post objections to sellers. They only want positive responses. So I posted 'I'm very happy that the object I purchased from this seller arrived shattered into pieces and re-glued'.

Marbleguy

Nov 2, 2008
Shipped post office..

Yes,I know that I could do other things to expose the idiot who sent me the broken/glued glass. It's just not worth it to me. I've found during my lifetime from birth in 1946 to the present that I experience a really ugly business experience about once a decade. Last one I ran into was in 1998 at of all places a bicycle shop in Tustin,Ca. We remember these incidences. I have learned during my long and often hard life there's only one thing that cannot be taken from us and that is character. You can be wealthy or pushing a broom at minimum wage,does'nt matter. Those who succeed and prosper have character such that they can be trusted. We speak of finding treasures here. Personal character is a treasure beyond price. Gold cannot buy it.

Marbleguy

Nov 2, 2008
Looked like it had been glued by a child..

That made me wonder about the seller. Anyone can sell on Ebay. I wondered if the seller was mentally deficient. That's why I did'nt raise a bigger ruckus. I would feel bad beating on a retarded person.

treasurefiend

Gold Member
Mar 17, 2008
Chicago IL
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Excal_II Minelab_Explorer_SE_Pro w/ SunRay pinpointer & Garrett_Ace250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Re: This is a "MUST READ" for you marble collectors.. too funny!

LOL - I think the listing is funny as hell!!!!!! :thumbsup:

duffytrash

Bronze Member
Jun 10, 2006
ohio river
Re: This is a "MUST READ" for you marble collectors.. too funny!

the skinny on those civil war marbles is that they are scams....not just those star deals but other mill ball unearthed at atlanta were painted crudely by a scammer with a magic marker and started selling them thruout the south as old porcelin marbles and sold many to antique dealers for big bucks with a good story..the deaklers got took and perpetuated the scam tryin to recoup....its been goin on 10 years or so and has waned a little in the last couple years....some got took for several hundred dollars...they briefly resurfaced as dredged outt of the tennesse river......as any collectible theres scammers out there so ya gotta know your stuff....theres little patience in the marble collecting community with these marbles and anybody tryin to sell em..its obvious this guy got took real good and hes ventin as little...

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread