Some Akro Pictures

Gnome Punter

May 15, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice to have but nicer to show and share ;)

Akros+4.JPG

Akros+6.JPG

Akros+7.JPG

Akros+3.JPG

Akros+2.JPG

Akros+1.JPG

OP
OP
G

Gnome Punter

May 15, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Not a CAC or Pelt fan, overall
i like my Akros and MKs. I need me another 200 or so Bumble bees to finish a 1 gallon jar I am working on

gunsil

Silver Member
Dec 27, 2012
lower hudson valley, N.Y.
Detector(s) used
safari, ATPro, infinium, old Garrett BFO, Excal, Nox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
So what are these marbles worth? I collected the handmade ones for a while, but know little about machine made ones although I do have some.

Uncle Jeff

May 28, 2013
Tampa, Florida
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro -
Garrett Pro Pinpointer AT -
TEKNETICS EUROTEK PRO -
Garrett Pro Pinpointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
OMG I like those blue and white ones.. may I have one please? And Gnome Punter? Did you play on Povar if so I know you Xxax :)

cheese

Silver Member
Jan 9, 2005
South Georgia
Here's a pintle valve out of the tank at akro. This opened or closed the nozzle for the glass to flow out of one of the tanks.
IMAG0712.jpg

This is a broken funnel from the akro machine where the glass flowed through to the spinner cup where the spiral was put on akro corkscrews. Next to it is a piece of fire brick from the tank with glass stuck to it.
IMAG0714.jpg

And some more akro marbles with matching cullet
IMAG0774.jpg IMAG0773.jpg IMAG0780 (1).jpg IMAG0781.jpg
IMAG0778.jpg IMAG0783.jpg IMAG0784.jpg IMAG0788.jpg

Last edited:

Road Dog

Apr 16, 2009
North Carolina
Nice Akros. I used to be a hardcore Akro collector, but sold most some years ago. I still have my Slags. Here are a few pics of some experimentals I sold.

Attachments

• DSC03216.JPG
    DSC03216.JPG
    33.5 KB · Views: 119
  • DSC04310a.JPG
    DSC04310a.JPG
    40.4 KB · Views: 125

cheese

Silver Member
Jan 9, 2005
South Georgia
Gnome, I love that aqua and white extra turn snake in the second pic of the ones in the wood box! I have some of that aqua color in cullet, but you don't see it often in a marble.

OP
OP
G

Gnome Punter

May 15, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Gnome, I love that aqua and white extra turn snake in the second pic of the ones in the wood box! I have some of that aqua color in cullet, but you don't see it often in a marble.

I have 9-10 more and 2 have Oxblood strands going from end to end. I jsut call them tight twist since they seem to have 1 more ring.

I am not a cullet fan. I got several pieces sent to me and ended up tossing them in a box and into the closet. I have vases and trays, still only passing interest. The marbles, alone, seem to do it for me.
The only boxes I have are master and MK.
Most of my marbles are labeled and in storage for when the kids have need of them. These are what I have here that I have bought over the last year.

I have fairly good luck with the rarer marble bit poop luck on the mid range and lower. I have a purple on white base cork, only one I have ever seen but would love more. It's a light lavender. I will get pics and post them.
I have 1 Eggyolk left, but tossed it on the bay. I do not do damaged marbles. Factory or not.

NOT A SHAMLESS PLUG...but here is the one I tossed up
3 4 47 64 Akro Agate Eggyolk Oxblood Double Cork Corckscrew Shooter NM M | eBay

I have a few marbles with minor damage but they are here until I find Mint/Mint- to replace them.
I unload the damaged marbles in lots as well. trying to recoup to buy what I want. A lot of times when I buy large piles I ended up with damaged marbles, it is what it is.

I can post pics of my 1" later if anyone wants. Will have to find them. Have a 1" superman :)

cheese

Silver Member
Jan 9, 2005
South Georgia
I'll look at whatever pics you want to post! I love to look at them. I rarely find any for sale down here, and when I do, they're usually cateyes and stuff I don't collect. I get some off ebay once in a while. That blue and white snake with oxblood would be a cool one to see.

cheese

Silver Member
Jan 9, 2005
South Georgia
As far as cullet, I love it (if you can't tell). It's a great learning tool, and a byproduct of a hard days work at the marble factory. It sort of equates to having a brick from the White House if you're an American History buff, or a pebble form the Great Pyramid if your into that. In ways, I appreciate it more than a good marble. Sometimes it's prettier than the marble it made too.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread