I bought a bunch of marbles today.

Helix

Bronze Member
Jul 27, 2013
Detector(s) used
Garrett gti 2500, Whites DFX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
This morning I was at an estate sale and found a bunch of marbles buried at the bottom of box. I didn't take the time to actually look at them at the sale I just seen they were marbles and grabbed them. The second I would of set them down "pouff" they would of been gone, some body else would of grabbed them. I know nothing about marbles other then that people collect them. My question is do any of these have any value or are rare? I only paid a couple bucks for all so even if there super common they will still look cool in one of my old fruit jars or in a antique gumball machine. I know it is hard to see close up but any thoughts on getting better pics or how I to go about it? I know I need better close up pics there just so many. The first two pics are ones I thought might be older or rare:dontknow:. Thanks for the help. 002.JPG 005.JPG 001.JPG 003.JPG 004.JPG

Last edited:

cheese

Silver Member
Jan 9, 2005
South Georgia
Nothing extraordinary, but there are some cool hybrid cateyes in there. I think I see a blue and yellow one worth holding out, plus some green/yellow, red/orange, blue/white ones that look nice. I also see some vitros and a pelt or two.

OP
OP
Helix

Helix

Bronze Member
Jul 27, 2013
Detector(s) used
Garrett gti 2500, Whites DFX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I picked out some of what I thought were the nicer ones. Any info would be appreciated. From what I have gathered the last three pics are the older ones from the 40's-50's or am I wrong? 661.JPG 662.JPG 663.JPG 664.JPG 665.JPG

diggerbutt

Dec 31, 2013
El Paso
Detector(s) used
AT Pro-Garrett Pro-pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Helix, don't know much about marbles. But I like your collection.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread