Anything Special Here?

romeo-1

Gold Member
Jul 29, 2005
Romeotopia
🥇 Banner finds
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Just dug these marbles this morning and I know nothing of marbles. The site these came from burned down in the early 50s. Thanks for the assist!

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1439128344.893400.jpg

OP
OP
romeo-1

romeo-1

Gold Member
Jul 29, 2005
Romeotopia
🥇 Banner finds
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Cleaned them up a bit...not sure if it makes any difference.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1439146714.390050.jpg

cheese

Silver Member
Jan 9, 2005
South Georgia
Those are some nicer West Virginia swirls. I don't see anything to put in your retirement portfolio, but they are worth a few bucks, especially if they are completely free of nicks and damage. The purple and white ones are nice, so is the red and white one lower center.

OP
OP
romeo-1

romeo-1

Gold Member
Jul 29, 2005
Romeotopia
🥇 Banner finds
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Those are some nicer West Virginia swirls. I don't see anything to put in your retirement portfolio, but they are worth a few bucks, especially if they are completely free of nicks and damage. The purple and white ones are nice, so is the red and white one lower center.

Great..thanks for the info. Looks like a return trip may be in order!

cheese

Silver Member
Jan 9, 2005
South Georgia
Yes, definitely! If you picked all those up in one trip, you are in a honey hole! Dig more... you are picking up quality glass from the era that made a lot of valuable marbles and you are likely to dig up a few valuable ones. Wish I could dig a spot like that!!!

OP
OP
romeo-1

romeo-1

Gold Member
Jul 29, 2005
Romeotopia
🥇 Banner finds
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yes, definitely! If you picked all those up in one trip, you are in a honey hole! Dig more... you are picking up quality glass from the era that made a lot of valuable marbles and you are likely to dig up a few valuable ones. Wish I could dig a spot like that!!!

This is all new to me so I am glad to hear that. 10 of these marbles came from a single shovel full and I wasn't actually looking for marbles so I didn't expand on that particular area. I'll re-post after I get back there!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread