788.1 KB · Views: 68
  • IMG_5046.JPG
    IMG_5046.JPG
    903.7 KB · Views: 63

cheese

Silver Member
Jan 9, 2005
South Georgia
#1 looks sort of like CAC but I don't know if they did swirls in that color.
#2 Alley
#3 Probably Alley
#4 Ravenswood for sure
#5 Ravenswood

OP
OP
D

drizzlermibs

Bronze Member
Nov 15, 2015
Florida
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
#1 looks sort of like CAC but I don't know if they did swirls in that color.
#2 Alley
#3 Probably Alley
#4 Ravenswood for sure
#5 Ravenswood

I was wrong about the Champion ID in my other post, it was actually the ID on #3 that you did seem on the fence on. I'm looking at it and I see Champion more than I do Alley. What traits made you lean towards Alley?? Think I'm gonna have to send a few more your way b/f I start seeing the similarities in my bins! I will keep trying tho.

cheese

Silver Member
Jan 9, 2005
South Georgia
It does sort of have a Champion look, but the colors and swirl pattern look more Alley to me. Alley made marbles for a long time, and in a lot of colors and styles and 4 locations. I think this one looks like some made at the site in Sistersville. I might be wrong.

Last edited:
OP
OP
D

drizzlermibs

Bronze Member
Nov 15, 2015
Florida
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It does sort of have a Champion look, but the colors and swirl pattern look more Alley to me. Alley made marbles for a long time, and in a lot of colors and styles and 4 locations. I think this one looks like some made at the earliest site in Sistersville. I might be wrong.

I will take ur wrong anytime!

OP
OP
D

drizzlermibs

Bronze Member
Nov 15, 2015
Florida
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That is pretty amazing that you can even identify where a particular marble was made. Is it because during that period certain colors or patterns were more prevalent? Interesting stuff I mite add!

cheese

Silver Member
Jan 9, 2005
South Georgia
There are definitely differences in the overall appearance of the general marbles produced at different factories but it may have as much to do with the time frame as it does the location. I'll try to take some pics of groups from St. Marys, Pennsboro, and Sistersville. There doesn't seem to be much known about the Alley marbles made at Paden City.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions