Starting a Peltier thread

cheese

Silver Member
Jan 9, 2005
South Georgia
By request, and it gave me a chance to go through and see what I've accumulated.

Blue based Peltier Rainbos and gray translucent based Rainbos:

Green based, blue and yellows (might possibly be Kokomos), Muddies (the red one is hard to find), A couple of Woodies, Gray based, and fluorescent based Rainbos:

Multi-colored Rainbos (MCRs) and Multi-colored swirls (MCSs) and what some refer to as Miller Swirls and similar:

Interesting random rainbos:
Eidt: I think I let a Kokomo slip in here 3rd row, 3rd marble in from right. The butterscotch looking ones with red "lips" in the 2nd and 3rd rows I think are Vitros.

Clear based rainbos:

Last edited:
OP
OP
cheese

cheese

Silver Member
Jan 9, 2005
South Georgia
More random interesting Rainbos and a bunch of Sunsets:

Mostly National Line Rainbos or NLRs (Christmas tree, Dragon, Moody Blues, Superman, Spiderman, Etc...)

More Rainbos of similar styles like 7ups and similar:

Peltier Peerless Patches (PPPs):

Standard colored Rainbos:

Last edited:
OP
OP
cheese

cheese

Silver Member
Jan 9, 2005
South Georgia
More PPPs found together, all smaller:

A pelt Windshield shooter and an odd colored shooter:

A PPP with a metallic stripe:

Clowns (rainbos)

A Zebra NLR and a PPP with heavy aventurine:

Mustard based rainbos:

drizzlermibs

Bronze Member
Nov 15, 2015
Florida
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Awesome-ness. I have looked at these two times thus far; with more to come I am sure. Thank you for sharing. Never heard of the windshield one or the mustard based.....I'm curious how you have yours stored. I have asked that question on another forum and got some great answers but my fear is putting them away you don't get to enjoy them. My best purchase (albeit) an expensive one was my antique walnut spool cabinet (certified to be the late Ted Williams' wife's). My then again it now overflows so I have to rethink. Anywho thank you again for posting these pics....

OP
OP
cheese

cheese

Silver Member
Jan 9, 2005
South Georgia
I keep them in plastic tackle box/bead box type trays. I keep those stacked in a cabinet. I hate that they aren't out to be easily seen or viewed but until I have other arrangements, I just have to pull them out once in a while to look at them. Hopefully one day I can find or build a large display cabinet. I'm good at woodworking but not so good at finding enough time to build stuff like that.

drizzlermibs

Bronze Member
Nov 15, 2015
Florida
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I just saw your post on AAM...it is NO WONDER you don't have time to build a display cabinet. Not only THAT but you couldn't build a big enuf one after your latest acquisition!! What time is the party? I'll bring the pizza and the beer.....and a suitcase to stash the stuff you don't want in to bring home with me.....oh my oh my what fun you will be having! I'm gonna keep checking AAM to see what you unearth....Where did ya get such a large stash???? (or is that for you to know and me to find out??!!!) :occasion14:

OP
OP
cheese

cheese

Silver Member
Jan 9, 2005
South Georgia
Haha! Yeah, that's a big mess! It's from a family member who is scaling back. I won't be keeping it all, some will be sold, some will be kept, and some will go back to the original owner.

wheelerite

Feb 2, 2008
canby,oregon
Detector(s) used
bounty hunter
thanks for posting the pelts, one of my favorite manufacturers. I like the way you displayed them for pictures also.

drizzlermibs

Bronze Member
Nov 15, 2015
Florida
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
More PPPs found together, all smaller:

A pelt Windshield shooter and an odd colored shooter:

A PPP with a metallic stripe:

Clowns (rainbos)

A Zebra NLR and a PPP with heavy aventurine:

Mustard based rainbos:

I thot I would "treat myself" and look at your pelts again (and see if I could spot one that looked similar to the one of mine you think could be a Koko). One of yours that intrigues me is the Moody Blue - (if I picked the rite one out correctly). I don't think I have ever seen one like that?

willjo

Bronze Member
Apr 30, 2015
Twin City, Ga.
Detector(s) used
Garrett GTA 350 and Garrett ace 150
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks for posting those I see a lot like ones I have, used to think they were just marbles never thought they were that many manufactures of them or as them being unique.

drizzlermibs

Bronze Member
Nov 15, 2015
Florida
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks for posting those I see a lot like ones I have, used to think they were just marbles never thought they were that many manufactures of them or as them being unique.

If you have a chance it would be great if you could take pics and share. Just do a few at a time. I post mostly boring stuff; Cheese has the good ones...so I am sure he would love to see what you have!

OP
OP
cheese

cheese

Silver Member
Jan 9, 2005
South Georgia
The Moody Blues is this one. It's a pretty hard one to find and usually expensive when you do. I got lucky and got a pristine example and mint. See where the white is on mine? If that is yellow, it's not a Moody Blues, it is a Blue Traveller.

OP
OP
cheese

cheese

Silver Member
Jan 9, 2005
South Georgia
I know what you mean willjo, marbles just look like marbles... kind of like rocks look like rocks, until you figure out each one is a certain kind of rock and that you can learn how to tell. Then it gets interesting!

OP
OP
cheese

cheese

Silver Member
Jan 9, 2005
South Georgia
Here are some more pelts:

Oxblood rainbo

Ruby Slipper

Clear Dragon

Yellow on clear rainbo

Smoky Blue

John Deere I think

Woodys (some are borderline)

Not sure what other than nice rainbo

Last edited:

drizzlermibs

Bronze Member
Nov 15, 2015
Florida
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Every so often I have to come back to this thread!! I'm curious do you have more NLR's than are posted here?

OP
OP
cheese

cheese

Silver Member
Jan 9, 2005
South Georgia
Yes, I picked out several to take these pics but left some unphotographed and I have accumulated several more since taking these.

drizzlermibs

Bronze Member
Nov 15, 2015
Florida
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
A "few" more?! Love your selections - the variety that Pelts have never fails to astound me. #2 a fav - is that pastel green or yellow? Great group of pee wees and that second to the last is gorgeous. Your photos are great too. You need to start building that showcase - you CAN'T just put them into a box!!!!!!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread