OP
D

drizzlermibs

Bronze Member
Nov 15, 2015
Florida
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Those types are tough for me but I think all alleys except the middle purple one, which I would call Champion.

Yesterday I tried (<key word here) to post pics of what I thot were a group of each maker. I did so-so. For instance, these I thot were all Champs. I got 1/2 of the CAC's rite; most of the Alleys and the one post with some of the trans swirls I had pegged as all Ravens. While not where I want to be at this stage, I'm pretty pleased I at least got some of them correct! I really appreciate your assist on the ID's. I know this sounds weird, but sometimes I just stare into the bucket of swirls and see if I can visually separate them. Often I poke into AAM or another forum to see other's postings and try to ID them b/f I read the answers. One that threw me yesterday was the trans Imperial! I was looking and looking at it, stumped, then read your reply and thot how did I miss that!!! (likely b/c I had never seen one trans before). Anywho, tx.

cheese

Silver Member
Jan 9, 2005
South Georgia
No problem! And keep in mind that I could be wrong too... I'm not right all the time. It might help you feel even better if I told you I was debating between alley and champion on all the marbles above. If I found out they were all champions, I wouldn't really be surprised except for the last one which really looks alley to me.

What you're doing by looking at other ID-me posts is the same thing I did and still do nearly every day. I've been doing it for a few years now and have gotten much better than I was at IDing them. I learn pretty fast but this marble hobby is just a non-stop process. That's what keeps it fun!

Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread