• IMG_6501.JPG
    IMG_6501.JPG
    1,010.8 KB · Views: 51
Last edited:

cheese

Silver Member
Jan 9, 2005
South Georgia
Vitro for the first three and I don't know if I could decide Alley or CAC for the last one either. Some pics make me want to say alley, some CAC. I have marbles like it from both companies. They are nearly the same. I think the alleys base glass is often a shade lighter than the CACs but not necessarily always. Based on that, I might think Alley. I might see about digging them out tonight and take some pics. I've got matching cullet too.

Last edited:
OP
OP
D

drizzlermibs

Bronze Member
Nov 15, 2015
Florida
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Vitro for the first three and I don't know if I could decide Alley or CAC for the last one either. Some pics make me want to say alley, some CAC. I have marbles like it from both companies. They are nearly the same. I think the alleys base glass is often a shade lighter than the CACs but not necessarily always. Based on that, I might think Alley. I might see about digging them out tonight and take some pics. I've got matching cullet too.

Cool - hope you go digging!; would like to see the differences. Must be really close for everyone to be so on the same "on the fence" stance.

cheese

Silver Member
Jan 9, 2005
South Georgia
Yeah, they can be extremely hard to tell apart sometimes. Look at these and you'll see what I mean. The cullet is from CAC. The 2 mibs on the left are CAC, and the 2 on the right are Alley. Can you see the difference?

OP
OP
D

drizzlermibs

Bronze Member
Nov 15, 2015
Florida
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Wow. Really close. Just by these pics I would, as you said, call mine an Alley. But only b/c mine has the narrower/closer stacked looking ribbons of those on the rite and the lesser amt of blunt tips of those on the left which I bet doesn't always happen.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread