OP
D

drizzlermibs

Bronze Member
Nov 15, 2015
Florida
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Don't wanna lose my eye for spotting these as they are not my fav. I just don't notice the usual dings etc?

First two: 5/8. Next two clear swirls (both seem off round): 5/8-21/32. Last: 19/32. I just went digging in my big bin (mostly of stuff I got early on) and found a large Ziploc of mibs very similar to #1 and 2. So I would guess Jabo by that alone (bad way to guess but....).

cheese

Silver Member
Jan 9, 2005
South Georgia
Having marbles to compare glass and color to helps but I'm not into Jabos that well and I often have to go by construction only. By construction, the last 3 look Jabo. The first not so much, the second could go either way. Do you have pics of the other Jabos(?) that look like the first two? Are the others single fold or swirled up like these?

OP
OP
D

drizzlermibs

Bronze Member
Nov 15, 2015
Florida
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Here are some more from the same batch. I know you xplained the single stream to me; but I'm just not wrapping my head around it. (It is very frustrating to me b/c I know it would make a huge diff in my own ID'ing if I could visualize that.) When I first started collecting, I ended up with a lot of Jabos (at least I think most are). Anywho, It could very well be that the first mib in the first post just got mixed in....I wouldn't have spied it out even now.

Attachments

• IMG_6566.JPG
    IMG_6566.JPG
    793.8 KB · Views: 45
  • IMG_6567.JPG
    IMG_6567.JPG
    945.1 KB · Views: 46
  • IMG_6568.JPG
    IMG_6568.JPG
    981 KB · Views: 42
  • IMG_6569.JPG
    IMG_6569.JPG
    907 KB · Views: 46
  • IMG_6570.JPG
    IMG_6570.JPG
    897.8 KB · Views: 46
  • IMG_6571.JPG
    IMG_6571.JPG
    755.1 KB · Views: 45

cheese

Silver Member
Jan 9, 2005
South Georgia
I'd say they're Jabos. They aren't single fold though, but not all jabos are. I don't know what else they would be though.

Imagine glass coming out of a little hole in a tank of molten glass. It will come out in a thick stream. Like toothpaste coming out of a tube, pointing down and hanging. This is what the marble is made of. If it's a big stream, it can't be long before there is too much glass to make a marble so the cutter is set to cut the glass more quickly. If it's a thin stream, it has to run a while to pile up enough glass to make a marble so the stream drizzles a longer while before the cutter cuts it. Imagine getting enough to make a marble through a drinking straw, then imagine getting enough through a syringe. This pile it would take before you get enough to make a marble, that is your swirl pattern. It might loop around over and over in the same direction and make a flame like some alleys. It might flip, curl, loop back, cut across and make a random pattern like most swirls, or if it's a large stream, it might only flop over on itself in a "U" shape like jabo classics do. If the stream is large enough across (comes out of a really large hole in the tank), it won't loop at all, it will be a patch style. Then it goes onto the rollers and they make it round and cool it down as it gets to the end of the rollers.

Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread