Hi Cheese! Seems like youre the person to talk to around here!

H20girl

Greenie
Sep 11, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi Cheese! Seems like you're the person to talk to around here!

I was on this site for something else when I noticed this forum. I was wondering if you see anything in these pics worth talking about. I just pick up marbles when I see them. Mostly off the ground. The little ones were in a jar at a friend's house and nobody wanted them. They are really pretty when the light hits them. My mom said she played with some like that when she was a kid. Thanks for taking a look.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    275.4 KB · Views: 47
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    390.1 KB · Views: 60
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    478.6 KB · Views: 63

cheese

Silver Member
Jan 9, 2005
South Georgia
Hello H20girl!
I don't see anyone else who knows about marbles posting here much, so I try to check in once a day or so to help answer questions the best I can.
The first group is clearies, little value.
The second group is older marbles from mostly the 40s to 70s or so. None of them have very much value but the blue on blue one on the bottom left is an Akro corkscrew from the 30s or 40s and is worth a few bucks.
The last group is cateyes. I don't know much about cateyes but they are generally pretty low value for the most part. There are a few that collectors seek but I don't know much about that type.

OP
OP
H

H20girl

Greenie
Sep 11, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Wow thanks! That's cool. I appreciate you taking the time to let me know.

drizzlermibs

Bronze Member
Nov 15, 2015
Florida
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hello H20girl!
I don't see anyone else who knows about marbles posting here much, so I try to check in once a day or so to help answer questions the best I can.
The first group is clearies, little value.
The second group is older marbles from mostly the 40s to 70s or so. None of them have very much value but the blue on blue one on the bottom left is an Akro corkscrew from the 30s or 40s and is worth a few bucks.
The last group is cateyes. I don't know much about cateyes but they are generally pretty low value for the most part. There are a few that collectors seek but I don't know much about that type.

I know not much value but is the third row 4th in from left an Akro carnelian?

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread