Working on Spool Cabinet today....

drizzlermibs

Bronze Member
Nov 15, 2015
Florida
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Can't recall if I ever showed you this cabinet. Think I did, but I was busily working on sorting pelts today. What is really really frustrating is that my second drawer was full of Akros (which I am still thinking about whether I want to keep or not) and third is vitros, which I am pretty likely not keeping. So to move the Pelts to the next drawer, I would have to move all the Akros....ugh. The drawers are staggered so I can't switch em up!:tongue3: Anywho, does it look like things are kindasortakindasorta in their correct "groupings"? Obviously on the left are the very few NLR's I now have. And then I thot the next progression would be the swirls, then the patches and then named bo's. Not quite sure where to put the Novas yet. Nor any of the other ones that now reside in a cigar box that the vitro all reds used to occupy. It ALL comes together at some point. RIGHT???? RIGHT????...:laughing7:

Attachments

• IMG_8292.JPG
    IMG_8292.JPG
    931.9 KB · Views: 77
  • IMG_8294.JPG
    IMG_8294.JPG
    748.5 KB · Views: 73
  • IMG_8296.JPG
    IMG_8296.JPG
    773.9 KB · Views: 76
  • IMG_8297.JPG
    IMG_8297.JPG
    821.2 KB · Views: 76
Last edited:

cheese

Silver Member
Jan 9, 2005
South Georgia
Nice! I haven't seen it until now. That's a cool way to keep them and display them. Mine stay tucked away for the most part. One day I want some nice wood and glass to display the collection in but I think I'm going to have to build what I want, and that takes time. Maybe one day.

OP
OP
D

drizzlermibs

Bronze Member
Nov 15, 2015
Florida
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice! I haven't seen it until now. That's a cool way to keep them and display them. Mine stay tucked away for the most part. One day I want some nice wood and glass to display the collection in but I think I'm going to have to build what I want, and that takes time. Maybe one day.

Yeah, the spool cabinet is nice if I do say so myself. Made of walnut and kinda cool b/c it has a certificate of authenticity that it was once owned by the late wife of Ted Williams. I have seen some much larger ones that I love (and you would likely need!) but they are even pricier. I paid approx $350 for mine - ouch; and the much larger one I saw was 1k. I keep looking at those printer boxes when I haunt the antique shops. If I was a handyman (I ain't) I would purchase a slew of those, put on some type of pull out drawer system and build a wood/glass cabinet around them. Pipedream fer sure. (BTW, it would drive me NUTS to have marbles tucked away....)

Carolina Tom

Gold Member
Apr 4, 2014
Charlotte
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus V3.2 9" & 11" Coils, AT Pro, ProPointer AT, Lesche 55, 75 & 80LT
Primary Interest:
Other
That's a sweet display Moxie!

OP
OP
D

drizzlermibs

Bronze Member
Nov 15, 2015
Florida
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That's a sweet display Moxie!

Thank you! When I saw it; I was lost. Got it at the local antique store! Even tho the Ted Williams stuff is great; it is just a beautiful piece of craftsmanship. Really killed my pocketbook tho. I rarely spend that much money on anything.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread