Bought a small box of bagged marbles at a garage sale

Kauziamos

May 28, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I don't really collect marbles, (well, honestly I collect a little of everthing :laughing7:) but whenever I find one, and I seem to always and everywhere, I pocket it. I like to think that every time I do this I'm contributing to the longevity of my sanity lol...the opposite of I've lost me marbles...Aaanywho-I hadn't bought any since I was a kid, but this box o' marbles looked fun and they just wanted them gone, so I got them all for about 10-15 bucks...I wanted to put them in a glass jar, but then I read that they might be worth something in their vinyl bag and hesitated to open them. What say the expert(s)? Am I doing them a disservice leaving them all sad and bagged up? Should they be freed and displayed, or kept as is?
image.jpeg
image.jpeg

Last edited:

cheese

Silver Member
Jan 9, 2005
South Georgia
Those appear to be Peltier Champion Jr. bags with the header labels missing. Ebven missing the header label they are still worth something to collectors as the bags are unopened and original. Nice find! They once looked like this:

OP
OP
Kauziamos

Kauziamos

May 28, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks cheese! I guess I'll keep them bagged up then? What to do?!

cheese

Silver Member
Jan 9, 2005
South Georgia
I don't know... if you want to enjoy them open em up. If you want to sell them, leave them in the packs. I'm not sure what they are worth without the header, but it does show that they are brand new, not played with marbles inside.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread